777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Every club dealt with the pandemic. Not every club pays Holgate 60k/week or whatever.
IMG_4568.jpeg

No one benefits from administration. People we owe money to, Moshiri, 777, it’s in no one’s interests. Other interested parties will use 777’s final demise as an opportunity to buy us at a cheaper rate. Another buyer won’t want us to enter administration as that could well mean relegation, which instantly lowers the value and potential value of the club.

We aren't a bargain.

For somebody to complete a takeover they have to fund the rest of the stadium, clear the debt and spend a lot in the transfer market to make us competitive.

You're looking at close to £1bn aren't you? Maybe more?

We are worth nowhere near that as a club
I think a billion for the 5/6th most successful club in England, who play in the richest, most watched league in world football, who have not played out of the top flight for 70+ years and who have a large fan base is reasonable. Throw in a brand new, world class stadium in one of the most well known provincial cities in western Europe, I think people will be interested at that price

If I remember correctly, Liverpool were apparently close to administration before they were bought by their current owners. Stories will be getting planted with various news outlets all over the place as different groups try to push their own interests. The usual people to drive administration are HMRC. There have been no reports of us having tax issues and none of our creditors will benefit from administration. This is what we need to remember in the midst of these worrying reports.

It was hinted at by Esk but not confirmed (and to be fair it still isn’t).

What’s clearer than ever is that the 777 house of cards is collapsing.

That's definitely not news.

I think the one thing I read yesterday that gave me pause is that Moshiri will pay penalties to 777 if he walks away. That could be a sticking point.

I think a billion for the 5/6th most successful club in England, who play in the richest, most watched league in world football, who have not played out of the top flight for 70+ years and who have a large fan base is reasonable. Throw in a brand new, world class stadium in one of the most well known provincial cities in western Europe, I think people will be interested at that price
It's a loss making business, so it's not just the cost right now - it's the projected losses to the future too.

If you have a billion to invest, there are easier ways of making returns.

I think they will, we have huge potential, but not the state the club is in now.

If I remember correctly, Liverpool were apparently close to administration before they were bought by their current owners. Stories will be getting planted with various news outlets all over the place as different groups try to push their own interests. The usual people to drive administration are HMRC. There have been no reports of us having tax issues and none of our creditors will benefit from administration. This is what we need to remember in the midst of these worrying reports.

A club in our position will inevitable be involved in a stand-off between parties looking to sell, parties looking to get back what they've loaned, and buyers.

That's all we're seeing here.

No one wants to walk away with the square root of f.a.

Why anyone wants to panic I don't know. News agencies report stuff for clicks. What on earth is there other than that to all this...

We'll have new owners and we won't fall into administration before getting them.

No one benefits from administration. People we owe money to, Moshiri, 777, it’s in no one’s interests. Other interested parties will use 777’s final demise as an opportunity to buy us at a cheaper rate. Another buyer won’t want us to enter administration as that could well mean relegation, which instantly lowers the value and potential value of the club.

Yes, this is still true. Time is not on our side however.

The most deflating news on this subject was MSP not exercising their right to equity when the loan initially came due. That gives you as close to an insider's view on the financial state of the club.

It's a loss making business, so it's not just the cost right now - it's the projected losses to the future too.

If you have a billion to invest, there are easier ways of making returns.

It won't be loss-making for long. The UEFA 70% rule should effectively make all clubs profitable. The salary cap thing is a farce.

Wonder if MSP gave the extention expecting it still would not be met and built in bigger penalties in the way of share volumes should it default again

Yes, this is still true. Time is not on our side however.

The most deflating news on this subject was MSP not exercising their right to equity when the loan initially came due. That gives you as close to an insider's view on the financial state of the club.
That could surely be revisited if push comes to shove?