The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fat man is only just clearing his throat mate.

Sorry lad, I've just heard it so many times before that rumours like this have absolutely no meaning to me any more.

And no offence to anyone who feels they're clued in here, the only people who will know if a takeover is on the cards is the buyer, the seller and a team of lawyers bound by strict confidentiality laws.

There's a reason we have absolutely no idea who has made formal or informal approaches for the club in the past. This isn't something you can be sourced in to I'm afraid. The only time this will become known to the public will be when due dilligence is performed or if it's released to the press on purpose when the deal is basically done.

Until then, these rumours are a lesser version of Fortress Sports Fund in my eyes.

Sorry lad, I've just heard it so many times before that rumours like this have absolutely no meaning to me any more.

And no offence to anyone who feels they're clued in here, the only people who will know if a takeover is on the cards is the buyer, the seller and a team of lawyers bound by strict confidentiality laws.

There's a reason we have absolutely no idea who has made formal or informal approaches for the club in the past. This isn't something you can be sourced in to I'm afraid. The only time this will become known to the public will be when due dilligence is performed or if it's released to the press on purpose when the deal is basically done.

Until then, these rumours are a lesser version of Fortress Sports Fund in my eyes.

Thats in your eyes. I'm fine with that.

Not getting into this at all really but a few points....the lescott money seemed to have covered a hell of a lot of things for us. We wouldn't have bought anyone unless he went without suffering bigger losses ie selling to buy anyone.

So away from transfers, we are over 500k in regards to the day to day costs of running the club. Add that on to the interest on the clubs debt.

Which means...moyes has to generate any transfer budget he can by selling players other wise the club makes bigger losses they can't sustain or afford as they're scrapping by at the moment at a loss.

Taking into account new contracts for this season, I can see why the squad is being culled to cover and lower any additional costs to the club. If players aren't sold or **** isn't sold off...new contracts or faces aren't coming into the club.

So....we are still basically keeping our head above water then?

Will be stunned if we don't sell a star Player in the summer.

Last edited:

No investment in the business, no net spend in last five windows and an operating loss and some are proclaiming how great bill n his chums are at running this business!!

It's a joke and we shouldn't be laughing.

Sell to buy strategy ffs.

I can't say I fully understand it all but, if the £8m from the sale of Bellefield was used to pay off loans, it seems puzzling that our debt should still increase by so much.

It wouldn't faze me if the money recouped in transfers and wages during this window were used to pay debts. Yobo, Pienaar and Yakubu must have been three of the highest earners at the club. As long as costs are coming down and revenue is increasing, without the team suffering too much in the short term, it's got to be good for the club.

Okay, so the year wasn't too bad, and I'm no financial wizz like, but we still lost 500k, and we still owe 45million, which is not owed NOW, but it is owed, with no way of servicing that debt bar selling players or a takeover.
Season tickets and general sales increased as did tv money, but this will have the opposite effect if we have a poor season this season, thus more debt (each placing up the league ladder is worth a couple of mil, that could well be wrong).
Is that a correct, simple way of looking at it?

Awaits Matt and Dave to awake on other side of world*

Okay, so the year wasn't too bad, and I'm no financial wizz like, but we still lost 500k, and we still owe 45million, which is not owed NOW, but it is owed, with no way of servicing that debt bar selling players or a takeover.
Season tickets and general sales increased as did tv money, but this will have the opposite effect if we have a poor season this season, thus more debt (each placing up the league ladder is worth a couple of mil, that could well be wrong).

I'm here lad.

But I've had my say as you know. No doubt its been bookmarked. But rather than have objections will let others have there say now.

But I'm going into lurk mode as I've said before:

We're not going into administration and... my bets on for the summer.

Watch this space.

Last edited:

I think each place is worth about half a mill. If we finish mid-table and get knocked out of the cup by Chelsea, we'll probably be a few mill down in gate receipts, prize money and tv revenue.

I'm here lad.

But I've had my say as you know. No doubt its been bookmarked. But rather than have objections will let others have there say now.

But I'm going into lurk mode as I've said before:

We're not going into administration and... my bets on for the summer.

Watch this space.

Agreed with the admin thing lad. To be honest it's a slippery slope we're on, it might be slow running, but it is downhill and I can't see how it can be sugarcoated. I know the majority of other football teams are run similar, but that doesn't make it right, and at least they get cash injections when needed.
Football, in general, however is going to crash sometime in the future.

Agreed with the admin thing lad. To be honest it's a slippery slope we're on, it might be slow running, but it is downhill and I can't see how it can be sugarcoated. I know the majority of other football teams are run similar, but that doesn't make it right, and at least they get cash injections when needed.
Football, in general, however is going to crash sometime in the future.

Even more reason to practice prudence then?

Status
Not open for further replies.