3 years ago today

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he wasn't mate, he was true Blackburn Rovers or Tranmere........
Not talking about the ability. I'm talking about the spirit. He played the way any of us would do if we were plucked from the stands and told to get warmed up.

I think Everton has long attracted players prepared to give their all for the blue shirt. Slackers get no mercy. The Straq gave it everything he had.

Heh...I had a bet with my mate at uni, a Blackburn fan, that the Yak would score more goals than all of our strikers put together that season! It was only Jelavic signing in January that won her the bet (and it was still only by about 2 goals!)

I won't hear a word against the Straq. He was true Everton.
He would step in front of a loaded gun for the shirt, love him. Not the most talented but he battled us to them couple of wins against the big boys which turned our season around, plus that was a pretty dire everton side, messi wouldve struggled to reach double figures with that service

Blimey. So you never actually had to bear some of the torturous years of the early and late 90s and early 2000s? I envy you.

This is the only thing Im used to. was to young to remember 1995.. I envy those who see the glory days, but maybe seeing our fall from greatness, would of been alot worse

The reality is this club is moving forward, remember back to the Peter Johnson era,we were average at best and sold our best player every year. I think we are a top six club now.
It might be a slow process, but we're on our way back to the very top.

Where we'd have been anyway bar for some mis-management at corporate level 86-92.

Status
Not open for further replies.