2014/15 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
"OMG WE LOOK UNCOMFORTABLE PLAYING WITHOUT OUR 5 WC STANDARD PLAYERS, NEW SIGNING, AND WITH A TEAM FULL OF INEXPERIENCED CHILDREN. PANIC EVERYONE PANIC, THE CLUB PROBABLY DOESN'T HAVE A PLAN!"

tumblr_inline_n6it18J7Fv1qzozj1.gif

ARGH! I'm not surprised he's panicked - the 34 day countdown until the transfer windown SLAMS SHUT for a few months starts TODAY and we've only signed the midfielder we really wanted to keep, a dynamic young central midfielder and the strong possibility of signing one of the hottest young strikers around. We only have THIRTY FOUR DAYS to build on that. Disgusting.

I think we'll do a Rangers, get inserted into Greg Dyke's new League 3 and get relegated to the conference by our own B team on the last day of the season.

The lack of pace really worries me, I doubt there is a slower overall squad in the Prem.

But the more I think of it, as things stand if the league started tomorrow and the transfer window shut this very second I think we would finish 7th, so the question the board will be asking themselves is, how much do they need to spend where it would become feesible to EXPECT Martinez to better 7th position, and to me that would be a lot of money, and a lot more than this gang of absoloute {bad word lid} would consider spending.

It's a simple case of risk reward, and when you consider that it is perfectly possible for 7th to get Europe, the un-ambitious board with say is it worth spending 35+ million NET for the sake of an extra 500K for finishing 1 position higher.

It is a straight shootout between us and Spurs for 6th and 7th IMHO (Unless these 6 Signings Newcastle have made turn out to be good ones) and it will be more or less impossible to get 5th or above unless we spend 50 Million

People will see this as negative, but I try and look at things from a neutral point of view and thats how I see it.

It's absurd that we lost 4 players at the end of last season without recieving a transfer fee (the negative of the loan market) and we have brought in 1 player on a free and just about to get another over the line, another thing that is really poor is that Martinez has gone from saying we need 6-7 signings (which is true) to gettting Besic in and then saying we need 1 more midfielder in plus 3 attacking players to we need a couple more player and one has to be a number 9, It was also very naive of him to say what he said RE Lukaku and then dampen it straight down in the local media. At least with Moyes, when we were just as skint as we are now, he never let Blues get carried away with ourselves, he may have come across as un ambitious and negative, but their is nothing worse than false hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.