2014/15 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxydog6

Player Valuation: £150k
I know we are only 2 games in and still to get a few players back after the World Cup but today has confirmed my worries for the new season. Unless we spend big we will be mid table mediocrity at best this season. Lack of strikers is a major concern which should have been sorted at the end of last season as we only have Kone but where is he if he's supposedly fit. We played decent stuff today at times but we don't have that littďle bit extra needed. Next 6 weeks are massive if we don't spend big pressure will be on bobby and if I was him I'd walk as we should have at least 40 million to spend with all the outgoings over the last 18 months or so. What do you guys think

Last edited by a moderator:
I know we are only 2 games in and still to get a few players back after the World Cup but today has confirmed my worries for the new season. Unless we spend big we will be mid table mediocrity at best this season. Lack of strikers is a major concern which should have been sorted at the end of last season as we only have Kobe but where is he if he's supposedly fit. We played decent stuff today at times but we don't have that little bit extra needed. Next 6 weeks are massive if we don't spend big pressure will be on bobby and if I was him I'd walk as we should have at least 40 million to spend with all the outgoings over the last 18 months or so. What do you guys think

kobe5.jpg

I think we need a striker, a top, top striker who scores goals for fun.

But lets not forget we had Barkley, Mirallas, Baines and Jags all missing today, add the signing of Lukaku and a few more talented football players and we are in good shape.

I think we are only 1-2 signings awayfrom being a team that should reach European competition next season as well. If we get Lukaku; a backup for him, either permanently or on loan, and another winger we are a very strong side. Our current squad, without any reliable striker, is doomed though. You have to take into account, as you said, that we missed Coleman, Barkley, Baines, Jags, Mirallas, Besic & Howard (did I miss someone?). We also played with our remaining A-team divided on the two halves and filled it up with promising youngsters. I don't know how complete Leicester were, but we lacked 5-6 of our starting 11... and that's not good enough against a PL team.

Get Lukaku in (£20M+), Bahoui (£1,5M), Henen (£1,5M) and perhaps Atsu on loan.

Jeez can we lock this please mods??

Talk about knee jerk reactions!

ITS PRE-SEASON WITH A BUNCH OF KIDS AND 6 FIRST TEAMERS NOT EVEN IN THE SQUAD, NOT TO MENTION KONE OVIEDO AND BESIC.

Chill.

I know we are only 2 games in and still to get a few players back after the World Cup but today has confirmed my worries for the new season. Unless we spend big we will be mid table mediocrity at best this season. Lack of strikers is a major concern which should have been sorted at the end of last season as we only have Kone but where is he if he's supposedly fit. We played decent stuff today at times but we don't have that little bit extra needed. Next 6 weeks are massive if we don't spend big pressure will be on bobby and if I was him I'd walk as we should have at least 40 million to spend with all the outgoings over the last 18 months or so. What do you guys think
Whilst your post is a bit panicky I do agree with some of the points made, I am a little worried when I hear bobby talking about bringing in just 3 players max. Didn't he say at the end of last season we would need another 5 or 6 bodies with the Europa this year.

Given where we were at the end of the season we are still 2 players down as we've lost Rom, Del boy & Traore. Admittedly del boy an Traore didn't play a lot of games but still they added to the squad. 2 strikers is a must, of course we're all fingers crossed we can get Rom but even if we do if he got injured we would be down to kone an nais. I'd like to see another attacking midfielder too, defensively we're well covered but if we want to make the most of bobby passing game we need to quality up top to finish off the chances created.

With the fellani money an sky money I was expecting to see us spend at least £40m this summer, bit disappointing so far. But in Bobby we trust I just hope the board are giving him every penny they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.