2 Newish GOT Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
1. iOS devices should now, apparently, I think, maybe... be able to use a Progressive Web App for our forums. This has been available for a little while for Android (details here), but as of last week it's been available for iOS too. See the below - I dont have an iOS device to test so anyone who knows the score with these things please let me know if it works and if it's any good?

Full iOS PWA compatibility with push notification support​

iOS 16.4 finally introduced push notifications for iOS devices. To facilitate this, your members need to install your site as a PWA (by utilising the Add to Home Screen feature in Safari). We now satisfy all of the prerequisites for this to support push notifications which can be enabled by your members once they log in through the PWA and enable push notifications in their Preferences.

The PWA (progressive web app) has now been enhanced with additional gesture based or UI controls, including pull down to refresh and a floating back button.

2. A forum subscription is now possible by card - previously it was only ever Paypal. If you're minted, there's a tenner a month option that allows the guilt free ability to disable all ads.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.