Grade for this transfer window

What grade would you give us for this transfer window

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
B+

Got Lukaku and Eto'o and Besic and Barry which would make it an A on it's own.
But the threat of a few injuries/ageing players means we're still lacking, and a failure to fix it during the window means it's a B+

I think the panic caused by the Arsenal collapse and getting twatted off Chelsea has made it seem worse than it is.

If you consider that they're both 2 top clubs and that our defense was very good last season , with Besic added and Mcarthy only improving then we've done well with the attackers we've brought in.

I'm not massively convinced we're majorly better off than we were last season though. Lukaku isn't anything we didn't have last season and Deloufeo has gone.

Eto'o is exciting though, and providing Jagielka sorts his [Poor language removed] life out I can see us improving on last season.

C

we had 5 positions that needed improving and only got one.

Howard
distin
barry
Left winger
Striker

Lukaku is the only one we got for the first 11 and he was already here. Id of much prefered a cheaper striker and spent the money in other areas. (I think Eto'o) will be number 1 very soon.

Shame we didn't bide our time and snap up Wellbeck. His pace allied with Eto'o's finishing would have been a better attack at a fraction of the price so we could strengthen elsewhere.

To be fair to the manager with regards to not buying a new CB, you can't really predict your best CB pair turning to poop overnight.

Maybe he rates Browning?

We sold nobody good, and didn't even look like selling anybody good. In fact, anybody at a slight risk got handed a new contract just so they could make the point that they weren't going to be sold.

Never mind the broken transfer record and legendary striker and depth in midfield and promising loan winger, the above would have been unimaginable 12 months ago.

First summer window in a while where we haven't sold an important player?

efc__1318009711_gueye.jpg

A. Would have liked the board to actually spend some of their own money to get the *.

Don't think Roberto could have done much more with the resources at his disposal, so an A* for him. On the face of things great transfer window, though it will really be judged on what we win (or don't) in the next year or two. The other big one with hindsight is going to be Rom. Needs at least 15 league goals.

(Would have preferred Deulofeu to Atsu, but I hope to be proved wrong on that.)

Last season they were hopeless at set pieces.

Conceded 10 so far, that's all I'm concerned with.

That failure to address a CB will cost us dear, I fear.

After Lukaku was signed you were convinced someone would be sold to balance the books yet that didn't materialise, so that aspect should have you some bit pleased with the window, or at least pleasantly surprised.

Im still in shock at our net spend this summer.

After Lukaku was signed you were convinced someone would be sold to balance the books yet that didn't materialise, so that aspect should have you some bit pleased with the window, or at least pleasantly surprised.

Im still in shock at our net spend this summer.

He's changed his moan so many times this window, it's been fascinating viewing.

- There's no way we will have a positive net spend, Kenwright out.

- There's no way we will sign Lukaku despite having a positive net spend, Kenwright out.

- There's no way we will keep everybody now we have signed Lukaku and have a positive net spend, Kenwright out.

- There's no way we will sign a decent backup striker despite signing Lukaku and not selling anyone and having a positive net spend, Kenwright out.

- FFS we didn't sign a fifth backup CB despite signing Lukaku and having a positive net spend and not selling anybody and signing a decent backup striker, KENWRIGHT OUT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.