Jindrich Stanek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boss? Really? Better than Griffiths, who sat on the bench? I seriously doubt it, but then he has got a foreign name and was bought rather than raised by the academy. So, obviously he must be better. Otherwise it would have been a mistake to buy him, wouldn't it?

What a load of absolute tosh this is. Two questions.

1) Have you ever seen either of them play or are you basing your opinion on a 6 second vine of one?

2) Do you think anyone's arsed about us 'wasting' about 30 grand on a youth goalkeeper?

In any sport or indeed career, there will be moments which are humiliating or difficult. How we deal with them in the long run determins your chances to succeed. I don't know anything about him but have seen the clip and he has had a mare there. But if he can dust himself down and deal with any fallout he will be a far better keeper in the long run. Most goalkeepers have shockers at some point, goes with the territory.

By his posts on twitter etc you can tell.

Yeah he'll have the support around him. But honestly mate knowing from first hand experience how devastating this sort of stuff can be for a young footballer. It can really ruin your confidence, i know it doesn't seem a big thing but for a young lad it really can be.

That really depends on the kind of mentality he has, and indeed the club are promoting. If he's interested in learning and improving then he'll regard mistakes and feedback as a natural part of getting better. Hopefully that's the case.

His bird's a keeper...
1551537_4577425969550_6404993704407641454_n.jpg
Hubba hubba who needs cleverly when we've got a stanekbird

I'm honestly really annoyed at some of the 'blues' making this go viral.

Fourth official really should be ashamed about it considering he / she is an evertonian and things spread like wildfire, on social media. After he posted it, it got posted on sportsbible or some crappy website and even that got 30 thousand hits / likes or whatever and his twitter handle was tagged in it. It's really not on but what can we do eh.
Exactly this. I'm sure even the lad himself will admit the clip makes him look bad (all 6 seconds of a 90 min game).

I'm not going to sit here and say that the clip left me impressed by the lad, but there's no need to spread it and effectively torture the lad. They probably call it 'banter' or something equally sad.

Blown out of proportion, mountain/molehill etc....

Exactly this. I'm sure even the lad himself will admit the clip makes him look bad (all 6 seconds of a 90 min game).

I'm not going to sit here and say that the clip left me impressed by the lad, but there's no need to spread it and effectively torture the lad. They probably call it 'banter' or something equally sad.

Blown out of proportion, mountain/molehill etc....

Hopefully he'll use this whole affair as a solid lesson in just whose opinion to take any notice of and whose to completely ignore. Chances are that if it arrives from Twitter (good or bad) then it can be filed in the latter category.

Hopefully he'll use this whole affair as a solid lesson in just whose opinion to take any notice of and whose to completely ignore. Chances are that if it arrives from Twitter (good or bad) then it can be filed in the latter category.
That aspect is getting worse in general IMO.

Some of the stuff you read daily is shocking.

That aspect is getting worse in general IMO.

Some of the stuff you read daily is shocking.

It is quite alarming sometimes the things people feel they can post on there. I only really use it in a professional context, and have never had the slightest issue with it, but it does seem to provide a safe haven for people to be very abusive towards others. It's sad when you think of how approachable it makes many players, especially given how unapproachable they have been for so long.

It is quite alarming sometimes the things people feel they can post on there. I only really use it in a professional context, and have never had the slightest issue with it, but it does seem to provide a safe haven for people to be very abusive towards others. It's sad when you think of how approachable it makes many players, especially given how unapproachable they have been for so long.
It's the fact that folk think that is acceptable behaviour to say such abhorrent things that saddens me.

It's the fact that folk think that is acceptable behaviour to say such abhorrent things that saddens me.

Baffling isn't it? I suppose the relative distance between the two parties creates a security almost. I mean things are shouted at the match that you can't imagine they'd say to the players face. Twitter is like that but even worse. That a lot of the abuse comes from so called supporters makes it even worse.

I wonder what would have happened if twitter and irrelvant match footage was available in the 80's when Southall was a kid or Schmichael was playing youth games? - probably would have got a load of grief of scally's in tachini trackies, curly mullets, wearing adidas Ivan Lendle trainers.

They would have probably been destroyed, packed the game in and Big Nev would still be collecting your green Bin on a Monday.

I made so many mistakes as a teenager and in my 20's, a few less in my 30's, less again in my 40's and still making mistakes in my 50's.

Have they ever caused me to pack in and go home? No... I don't see why his mistakes should effect Stanek neither...

Bad move by the club putting that video on EvertonTV

Its all over the internet now and seeing what "our" fans are posting, you can imagine the rest

He is a kid learning football, go ahead destroy his confidence, I have seen GKs in their 30s doing bigger mistakes
I disagree completely

I don't condone it and think its very harsh but its the abuse, that will eventually make you. You are never going to learn with a simple pat on the back, with a ' Ahhh never mind lad '. Every footballer that has played the game has a moment that changed them. A proper pull your socks up moment, when looked back upon, was the beginning of something that made them.

Status
Not open for further replies.