Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
Not to defend the fella.

But without the war in Ukraine, things are a lot less Nuclear atm.

Acknowledging Usmanov’s involvement in the club would be acknowledging that it was illegal in the first place. Usmanov de facto owned us while also owning about 25% of Arsenal. So let’s not hang our hats on that one.

Moshiri and Usmanov’s presence at the club has been nothing but toxic and I wish they had never been invited on board by that parasite Kenwright.

I just find it odd that the money ran dry as soon as Usmov was banished. Borrowing money from those with less than he has himself. Surely complete the stadium and then sell. The desperate way he’s trying to offload the club suggests he needs the money.

all of his money is also tied up in USM/etc, so even if he wasn't using Usmanov's money directly he still has limited access to his own money. I suspect there's an element of not wanting to be the next Abramovich in his decision making, but I'm most disappointed by the fact that he's an accountant (1) making terrible financial decisions and (2) unable to find ways to move money.

Acknowledging Usmanov’s involvement in the club would be acknowledging that it was illegal in the first place. Usmanov de facto owned us while also owning about 25% of Arsenal. So let’s not hang our hats on that one.

Moshiri and Usmanov’s presence at the club has been nothing but toxic and I wish they had never been invited on board by that parasite Kenwright.
I'm not defending him Mike.

Nah mate, the big problem is that he thought he could build a new stadium on the river, at a cost of nearly a billion and chose to rely on his dodgy fat mate to fund it rather then get a structured finance plan in place, day one. End result of this incompetence, he has several loans at usurious interest rates trying to finance then end of the build and those loans are pushing the club towards liquidation. Sir Farhad my arse, either a gangster or thickest financially inept billionaire accountant in history.
When you get points deductions for financial irregularities and your owner is allegedly a top accountant you know you're up to your neck in it.

Not only is vaulting years old posts/tweets the definition of Kopite behaviour, but it demonstrates which contributers are either open to developing their thoughts and opinions as time passes as they achieve wisdom with age, and those who allow ignorance to define themselves. You will be doing this dance a decade from now, convincing people postings from 15 years ago have any relevance to the year 2034. Tis a shame for all parties involved that as you seem a somewhat intelligent individual.
You're like someone who hated the Tories for years then suddenly admired and slavishly supported them after Liz Truss was Prime minister.
If that were the case I would think they were a wum or incredibly stupid.
In your case you fall into both options.

To be fair he did at the start.

Then, Putin.

In January 2020, it was announced that Everton have agreed a naming right deal worth £30 million with USM who already sponsors Everton's training ground, Finch Farm.
This Ukraine situation had rumbled for years before coming to a head and Einstein didn't think he needed a contingency plan, happier just to go with his fat mate's dodgy money.

Everything this fella has done since buying us has been a complete and utter disaster. He cannot even sell the club without finding the worst buyer imaginable and causing 7 months of excruciating and unnecessary damage to the club including increasing the debt massively basically to criminals. The sooner he is a distant memory the better. Thickest billionaire on the planet and ended up owning Everton ffs.

Wasnt it first being reported that moshiri was looking to sell part of his stake in Everton to fund the new ground. Then 777 popped up. Its just that theres been no mention of moshiris shares changing hands to 777. I assumed the £200m 777 invested was buying them a percentage in the club? Could moshiri have done a deal with 777 coz they could borrow at a lower rate of interest than moshiri could after putin invaded ukraine.