2023/24 Seamus Coleman

The market where several premier league clubs, Barca and Bayern target Onana & Englands number 1 Pickford move for a combined £70mil and Branthwaite at £50mil less his sell on so £45mil.

...meanwhile we sign Branthwaites replacement for £5mil and £30mil on starting centre back and starting centre forward.

:eek: lol
One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall

Have you been pitching this sort of malarkey for a while? Thought it was just an anthology of sun-stroke-diary-entries from foreign shores in the ale house zone.

Coleman, hasn't been helped by the malaise in RW, it's a shame such a good lad has been hung out to dry a little by this current incarnation of Everton, it was a very different side with Arteta, Cahill, Baines, Pienaar, Jagielka and the rest. Must be totally galling to him to see how standards have so massively slipped and the chancers and liars and spivs that've capitalised on the clubs weariness.
Help him with his badges, and see if he has the fire, fight and foresight to step into coaching and management.

Think its best we part ways, we need to save as much money as possible, and Coleman is never available anymore. Hope he goes and gets his coaching badges, would prefer it if he did that away from Everton though, go and prove himself as a coach, learn from the best and then return when it benefits all parties.

Seamus doesn't owe us a penny. Give him another year at least if only as back up and club capyain. I'd still play him over Godfrey / Patterson / Young.
I'd rather we sign a new first choice and keep Patterson as a backup. If Patterson is to be sold (which may be best given what Dyche clearly thinks of him), then keep Seamus on as deputy. Young needs to go join an over 40 Sunday league.

Do we really think he's getting an extra year?

10 appearances for us this whole season and earning around £60k per week.

At a time when the club's finances couldn't be worse and we desperately need to tighten our belt and get the wages down - can £3m in wages for Coleman be justified?

He shouldn't get an extension, but we all know he will.

IMO he should be calling it a day and looking to get into coaching with our help, staying at Everton and being a positive influence around the place while he gets his badges - if that's what he wants.

But he won't even quit the national side, so it doesn't look like he's considering retiring any time soon.

Let’s wait and see what happens in the next few days. Random salaries often quoted are way off the mark. Séamus isn’t a quitter, he’s a fighter and will keep battling for Club and Country as long as he thinks he has something to offer. Managers will continue to pick him if he’s good enough and rightly so. IMHO he owes us nothing and I’m confident he will continue to serve us as best he can (on or off the field) if asked. I’m proud he represents us. I wish Everton had more players like Coleman who actually care about our Club. Even if not playing, he leads and drives the team on (Myko mentioned this before the recent derby win).

If he was driven by money, he would have taken offers from elsewhere in the past or an easy payday overseas. I agree that we need a new RB, but hope we can keep Séamus on in some sort of player / coaching (getting his badges) capacity, leading and pushing the team in our final year at Goodison.