2023/24 Sean Dyche

I've really enjoyed 3 matches this season

Newcastle at home
Chelsea at home
rs at home
I actually enjoyed the 3 home wins we got last week and the Luton game was great to watch not giving a single flick how we played or what the result was.

But as ive said, The Gaffer did enough, the 2 home defeats to Luton and the 4month winless period was grim, but its a 38 game season and over the entire season you cant say we didnt do enough.

So congrats Big Sean, you have The Goat seal of approval to continue, which isnt a good thing, cos my jinx is a real thing.

If we win next week that would be 48 points earned over the season, the best for a while and the best I believe he could have got from this limited squad.

It could and should have been even more as well if we had strikers who could finish in the first half of the season.

For these reasons, anybody still thinking he wants sacking at the end of this season probably needs a rethink.

I wanted him gone at times out of sheer frustration, but let’s be realistic.

Well we can’t blame him for stuff he hasn’t done yet.

All we have to go off is how he played at Burnley and 18 months at basket case Everton where most of the players aren’t his.

If he had the 13/14 squad and he had Stones leathering long diagonals at Mirallas’s head and he was keeping Deulofeu on the bench and playing Alacarz upfront so we could get 44 points, then I’d be alongside everyone criticising him at the moment for only playing a certain style.

Dyche’s style isn’t the limiting ceiling on the football we can play here though. Its the quality of the players, its an absolutely terrible squad and absolutely nowhere near the levels of the 13/14 squad which is what you need to challenge European places and consistently play good football.

The 04/05 squad didn’t play great football under Moyes but came 4th. Even that thought had players in Gravesen Cahill Osman Arteta who are miles and miles ahead of any player in this squad now. Osman and Arteta even as they are now in their 40s could probably outplay most of our midfield.

Some Everton fans massively overrate this squad. Outside of Pickford Branthwaite and Onana, no European team would want a single one of our players. They’re absolutely bang average at best. People still think it’s the Moyes/Martinez period when any club in Europe would have taken Stones Baines Coleman Arteta Pienaar Lukaku Mirallas Barkley Fellaini etc.

We’re nowhere nowhere near that. It’s a bottom half PL squad of some extremely average players.

Thats spot on, outside of Pickford, Branthwaite and Onana theres no decent asset value for any players.

Big improvement needed to get the squad value up.

Dyche isn't suddenly going to buy players capable of playing attacking football or who's strengths are there on the ball ability. I bet he'll admit himself that his main strength in management is setting up teams to be 'hard to beat', he's very good at doing that for the most part. I do not expect this sudden shift to a attacking style.

Dyche likes the players you've listed, 'doucs' is going nowhere, mykolenko is defensively solid so that's more than good enough in a Dyche team, DCL hold up play is decent, gueye and coleman are 'model professionals' and Keane is now his 4th choice striker.

Gnonto heavily linked last summer, Asprilla in Jan.

Both attacking players...

They do but this was a Messi vs Ronalda question at Dyche and he picked the objectively worse FOOTball player lol

its different depending on what you want to measure

Who’s got a better heading technique? Ronaldo

Who’s got a more powerful shot? Ronaldo

Who’s got better finishing with their weaker foot? Ronaldo

Who’s the more natural striker in terms of movement in the 6 yard box to score? Ronaldo

There is a reason he won all the Ballon D’ors

Messi is probably the best player I’ve ever seen but Ronaldo’s technique cannot be described as terrible compared to him.

Either way it’s certainly no indicator of Dyche’s managerial style because he said he preferred Ronaldo. A load of football people past and present have answers the same way given that question. Doesn’t mean they prefer physicality over technique.

Ronaldo every single day of the week.

Best player in England
Best player in Spain
Best player in Italy

Meanwhile, Messi has a team built for him by both Barcelona and Argentina.

Maybe if he'd have gone to Italy or England but he chose Paris and US.

Stayed in his comfort zone and its not even close for me. When you prove yourself in multiple leagues and countries but also work so hard to improve yourself all the time...

Messi took hormone enhancing drugs as a teen and stayed in his comfort zone.

We can only give Dyche any war chest this summer if we fully intend to keep him for a few years, cos he’ll be buying players to fit his limited system.

You know what, I think we might end up binning him when the new owners turn up, whomsoever they are.

I reckon he’s toast, despite keeping us up.

We can only give Dyche any war chest this summer if we fully intend to keep him for a few years, cos he’ll be buying players to fit his limited system.

You know what, I think we might end up binning him when the new owners turn up, whomsoever they are.

I reckon he’s toast, despite keeping us up.
No way he's toast. He has us midtable without deductions, home form has improved, and we beat the reds for the first time in 14 years at home.

Thats spot on, outside of Pickford, Branthwaite and Onana theres no decent asset value for any players.

Big improvement needed to get the squad value up.

Gnonto heavily linked last summer, Asprilla in Jan.

Both attacking players...

Ronaldo every single day of the week.

Best player in England
Best player in Spain
Best player in Italy

Meanwhile, Messi has a team built for him by both Barcelona and Argentina.

Maybe if he'd have gone to Italy or England but he chose Paris and US.

Stayed in his comfort zone and its not even close for me. When you prove yourself in multiple leagues and countries but also work so hard to improve yourself all the time...

Messi took hormone enhancing drugs as a teen and stayed in his comfort zone.
We can be linked with 100’s of talented attacking young players,
But I’m only interested in buying them which we didn’t.

Matches like last night certainly won't give anyone the belief that he's the right man to move the style of play forward.

That was a horrible watch and for once we actually had options on the bench. But, he still deserves a huge amount of credit as we've got the results required to stay up another season.

It'll be interesting to see if a takeover does happen if they stick or twist and bring someone else in.

I think most people have accepted now he's a does what it says on the tin. With a very slight chance that if he was given better tools he might improve a little. But i think he would still go for dyche type players, like a jack harrison.
Ive never really thought about it before as the options havent been there. But if dyche was given a budget would he be able to attract "good players"
Or vica versa would the attraction to come to Everton be there.

I think most people have accepted now he's a does what it says on the tin. With a very slight chance that if he was given better tools he might improve a little. But i think he would still go for dyche type players, like a jack harrison.
Ive never really thought about it before as the options havent been there. But if dyche was given a budget would he be able to attract "good players"
Or vica versa would the attraction to come to Everton be there.

The style of football has to be a factor.

There's a limited number of players who'd be happy playing in a side where the keeper's launching free kicks from the halfway line.

But Dyche has proved it can be effective at staying in PL and that's more important than anything right now.

The style of football has to be a factor.

There's a limited number of players who'd be happy playing in a side where the keeper's launching free kicks from the halfway line.

But Dyche has proved it can be effective at staying in PL and that's more important than anything right now.

Was thinking that.
Seeing as we havent a pot to piss in that option wont be there anyway

It's not even that we can sit deep and play long that bothers me. Yheres times to do it. But we quite often get the ball in the middle or nick it when pressing. I don't mind us playing high up the pitch and pressing at all. But we're crap with the ball. Its the absolute lack of keeping the ball when we have it or using the ball well on counters that depresses the crap out of me.

Things must change in summer. It is unlikely we will change manager, so Sean Dyche has to change his way of practice with regards to strategy, it will be another relegation battle unless he decides to attack teams.

Really, really disappointed last night how we had nothing to play for, and still sat with a flat 4-5-1 and didnt bother attacking.

Has to be more than lump ball for Brexit Dyche.