2023/24 Sean Dyche

Why are some blues gutted we just beat relegation?

Because if we’d had: Bielsa Hassnhuttl Rodgers Potter Nuno Lage Lopetegui Vieira Marsch Kompany De Zerbi Iraola managing us then we would have got top 4 instead playing some progressive modern attacking football and just ‘going for it’ and ‘attempting to win’ rather than the current set up of drawing our way to safety (if you ignore the 4 wins in last 5)

Neutrals recognising the job he's done.

As fans we felt the emotional toll of that winless run and that has an obvious effect on our view of him, but objectively most neutrals would say he's done a great job to win the points we have and get us safe so comfortably. If the wins had been spread a bit more evenly rather than in bunches we'd probably have been happier with him but when it mattered he turned it round.

Because if we’d had: Bielsa Hassnhuttl Rodgers Potter Nuno Lage Lopetegui Vieira Marsch Kompany De Zerbi Iraola managing us then we would have got top 4 instead playing some progressive modern attacking football and just ‘going for it’ and ‘attempting to win’ rather than the current set up of drawing our way to safety (if you ignore the 4 wins in last 5)
And you think our squad can do that ?

We were 13th and 16th the last 2 seasons for goals conceded.
That's right, but I see us getting probably 40-42 goals and a bit over 50 conceded. Last 7 seasons show 43 goals shot, and 55 conceded on average.

In general concede 57 goals is 1.5 per game, it's not good, but not extremely worrying for me.

You see this season there are far more goals, with 57 goals you could reach top 8 defense this year easily. Prem will reach new goal record by far, it has even exceeded with 4 games left.

People (I include myself in this too) need to be more level-headed with managers. That means cutting them some slack for horrible results and runs of form when it's obvious that the main reasons for them were beyond his control. Equally, we need to swerve all this over-the-top fawning when things are going our way.

He's the definitely the right man for next season, same way he was this year and last. I still get cold sweats imagining where we'd have ended up under Bielsea. Let him have another season of stability, just this time with no point deductions or farcical situations going on over his head. I'd offer him an extension now, then when 2024/25 is over we'll see where were at as a club. Still in fire-fighting mode or ready to really push for something again?

Well done to him, he's done a heck of a lot of good for the club since he came in. Don't have to want to have a pint with him to see that.

Last year we conceded 57 goals. We also used Michael Keane alot.

If we can just bring in an effective right back then we could be even tighter next season.

Whether we are desperate for attackers or not we still need to improve at right back.

We were 19th in the league last season when Dyche come in, below - without Michael Keane having played a single minute.

1691414438571.png

That was Tarkowski and Coady.