Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Del Boy isn’t worth pursuing. Plenty of better players abroad. Brands will target some overpriced dust like iwobi but hopefully Carlo has a few he can persuade.

If we had sense Bernard & Iwobi would be out the door this summer and the likes of Everton Soares & Sarr/Bailey in as replacements.

If this Iranian fella has the dough he claims we have...
Everton Soares is just a stepover merchant, we can find much better imo, also the other week there was a story in Brazil saying that he is prepared to ignore interest from Europe to go and play in Qatar and be the figurehead for the world cup over there.

Everton Soares is just a stepover merchant, we can find much better imo, also the other week there was a story in Brazil saying that he is prepared to ignore interest from Europe to go and play in Qatar and be the figurehead for the world cup over there.

People said that about Bruno Fernandes...

With retrospect, selling Deleuofeu was the wrong decision, and the fee wasn't worth moving him on. He was a decent option off the bench and had ability to make chances from very little. Inconsistency and fitness were his issues, not lack of talent.

But I don't think that means we should be looking to bring him back either. There are better options out there who will be physically more suited to playing in the premier league. He has just suffered a serious knee injury as well so I don't think there is any sense in signing him.

People said that about Bruno Fernandes...
Like who? Bruno Fernandes has always been a good player, who has been courted for a while by huge clubs, it's the price that stopped many. Everton Soares is an average winger with a few tricks who is still stuck in south america when any player of the same age would have been in europe ages ago. Bouanga for eg, been linked with him, he is a far better player and would be cheaper.

For me, recruitment this summer has to be based around the following criteria alone - grafters. Get your grafters in and get back to being difficult to beat, only then can you look at progressing in any other way. The lack of hard work, fight and desire from that current Everton squad is staggering, they genuinely embarrass me. Relegated sides doing the double over us, what is that all about? Absolutely pathetic. We need to get back to basics, sick of bang average teams walking all over us...

With retrospect, selling Deleuofeu was the wrong decision, and the fee wasn't worth moving him on. He was a decent option off the bench and had ability to make chances from very little. Inconsistency and fitness were his issues, not lack of talent.

But I don't think that means we should be looking to bring him back either. There are better options out there who will be physically more suited to playing in the premier league. He has just suffered a serious knee injury as well so I don't think there is any sense in signing him.

Agree.

Don't think he improves us any more than Walcott does to be honest. Yes, he'd probably get us more goals/assists but he doesn't have the defensive side to his game that Walcott does. If we could somehow mash the 2 of them together, we'd have a proper winger.

Buy back clause

Status
Not open for further replies.