Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any evidence that "safe" managers do better than gambles.

Just watching Spurs rip Real Madrid apart.

Southampton appointed Pochettino when he didn't speak English and they were 3 points off the relegation zone in January.

Marco Silva got 36% wins when relegating Hull last year. Alladyce in his miracle rescue of Sunderland won 29% of games.

Not the way it's been run at our club - it's been a joke since it was first implemented as evidenced by this summers transfer shenanigans.

I'm presuming now they'll have a clearer idea of how they want it to work. Problem last time was appointing a manager (and presumably giving him transfer promises) before DOF which was a ridiculous choice.

Get a grip kenwright woudnt of even paid the compensation or the wages to try and lure him so let's not go there

That's down to the finances available to the man. Having money does not make one successful. Just because Moshiri has bankrolled a little since he has been here, its not exactly been a mitigating success has it.

As long as its not Moshiri picking someone because he purely wants a 'big name' but because he honestly believes its the best person for the job then i am all for whoever he picks. However if he is picking purely on getting a 'name' in, then i would rather have other people round the table who have differing views and have done their homework on what we really need at the moment.

Three players Big Sam is targeting in January:

Cresswell
Sakho
Benteke.

666A7CB6-64C1-400D-9C54-69F2B67B2C96.jpeg

Funny how the assumption by some is that an Allardyce or Dyche type appointment is the "safest" option. There are no guarantees with any of these "survivalist" managers. For example, just because Big Sam has dragged a few sinking clubs out of the mire does not make him any less of a gamble than bringing in some big name top tier appointment who might bring with him a stronger, long term solution.
As for the idea that Tuchel has rejected us on the basis of there being a DOF, this seems like nonsense. If he is the manager people say he is, and Moshiri really wants him in place, then all parties would make it work. It will be the same situation with whoever is to come on board, that is, dealing with Walsh and, more importantly, the board. It is more than likely that dealing with the latter would be the biggest hurdle.

Well Koeman probably had the same hope - yet it didn't help him in the end. You will say Tuchel is streets ahead of Koeman yet I suspect Koemans name still holds sway in top European footballing circles and Tuchel will be wary of how it end so abruptly for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.