Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebuffed by Ancelotti & Tuchel. The latter was / is interested but has concerns about the club process re DoF and transfers. Blanc hasn't been approached. Pellegrini hasn't been considered after he balked off to China. Unsworth hasn't got the job.

There's a feeling within 'that' section of the board that a short term appointment is needed to just solidfy things and allow for a longer term plan to be built behind the scenes. The no mark from Wolves was put forward by a certain agent because of his 'special' relationship with Everton. From what I've been told he didn't leave a lasting impression. Allardyce has been talked to but didn't warm to this idea of basically keeping things warm so to speak. Moyes would jump at the chance and a talk has happened. But them lot see Dyche and Allardyce as the 2 favs right now. The main man though is very frustrated with how things have gone and are going, both on & off the pitch. But the structure in place is what is still seen as the one he wants to try and build sustainable success with and a big name manager is what is needed as they're basically the face of the club. But other than the 2 above I don't know of any others that have been contacted.

Just info take it with as much salz mit zucker as you want.
Andy Hunter in The Guardian reckons Nuno at Wolves has been approached....but tbis may well be a 'sounding out' rather tgan an approach.

Rebuffed by Ancelotti & Tuchel. The latter was / is interested but has concerns about the club process re DoF and transfers. Blanc hasn't been approached. Pellegrini hasn't been considered after he balked off to China. Unsworth hasn't got the job.

There's a feeling within 'that' section of the board that a short term appointment is needed to just solidfy things and allow for a longer term plan to be built behind the scenes. The no mark from Wolves was put forward by a certain agent because of his 'special' relationship with Everton. From what I've been told he didn't leave a lasting impression. Allardyce has been talked to but didn't warm to this idea of basically keeping things warm so to speak. Moyes would jump at the chance and a talk has happened. But them lot see Dyche and Allardyce as the 2 favs right now. The main man though is very frustrated with how things have gone and are going, both on & off the pitch. But the structure in place is what is still seen as the one he wants to try and build sustainable success with and a big name manager is what is needed as they're basically the face of the club. But other than the 2 above I don't know of any others that have been contacted.

A new weasel in our midst ;)

Andy Hunter in The Guardian reckons Nuno at Wolves has been approached....but tbis may well be a 'sounding out' rather tgan an approach.

Basically because of Mendes. He does have a good relationship with the club. I imagine there's a feeling he'll be able to assist with more transfers in the future. Something he has done previously, I believe when we tried to get Emry and Monchi they asked him to setup talks and mediate.

I know Dyche was the favorite in the bookies and that’s starting to drift with Allardyce now I believe the fav . Wouldn’t take too much notice of that . Blanc is interesting but I’ve a feeling Tunchel is the one Moshiri wants .. I’d hate to see a short term solution . What happens in January? Players required but a short term manager brings them in

Woh hold up. How long has AzMan been all ITK with the ins and out mate?!

I know Dyche was the favorite in the bookies and that’s starting to drift with Allardyce now I believe the fav . Wouldn’t take too much notice of that . Blanc is interesting but I’ve a feeling Tunchel is the one Moshiri wants .. I’d hate to see a short term solution . What happens in January? Players required but a short term manager brings them in
Agreed Mosh wants a long term solution however if Unsworth keeps us in the relegation zone as we expect, he will then be forced to hire a 'proper' solution immediately. Any decent manager - and yes Allardyce and Dyche are included in that category in the grand scheme of things - even if available immediately will come with a list of demands which include a decent length of contract once they realise how desperate we actually are.

So I don't believe Mosh actually has as strong a hand as you or he may believe.

if Moshiri sees the current set up as the best way to long term success he must have his eyes shut, who are that section of the board? the way you refer to things it sounds like its a split between Moshiri and Kenwrong, if so Moshiri should execute him right away otherwise we are goosed,

Not surprised that Tuchel has told us no go - the DOF/transfer situation is indeed a complete farce and is the cause of much of the difficulties we now face.

Funny how the assumption by some is that an Allardyce or Dyche type appointment is the "safest" option. There are no guarantees with any of these "survivalist" managers. For example, just because Big Sam has dragged a few sinking clubs out of the mire does not make him any less of a gamble than bringing in some big name top tier appointment who might bring with him a stronger, long term solution.
As for the idea that Tuchel has rejected us on the basis of there being a DOF, this seems like nonsense. If he is the manager people say he is, and Moshiri really wants him in place, then all parties would make it work. It will be the same situation with whoever is to come on board, that is, dealing with Walsh and, more importantly, the board. It is more than likely that dealing with the latter would be the biggest hurdle.

Status
Not open for further replies.