Match Thread Everton v Swansea 19/11/16 KO 1500

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a major shakeup here - will be interesting to see how we do without Barry. We need to find a winning team fast or we'll go into Arsenal, Liverpool, Utd etc. and get done.

Joel

Coleman (c) - Williams - Mori - Baines

McCarthy

Gueye - Davies

Barkley

Bolasie - Lukaku

Imho if we play that correctly, 4-0 the Blues. We can't lose to these surely. They're joint bottom ffs.

Interesting parallels with the same fixture last season in that we come into it low on confidence and badly needing a win.

I say it so often but just for once it would be nice to really come storming out of the blocks and get an early goal.

We seem to have real difficulty in starting games at a high tempo, let alone maintaining it.

Team needs to reflect the disaster at Chelsea.

Joel

Coleman(c) Williams Mori Baines

Deulofeu Gana Davies Barkley Bolasie

Lukaku

Think this is the real follow up from west ham tbh.

West ham was great result, so ignore the chelsea game because they are clearly better than us, and follow the hammers win against these lot and then build our momentum from there.

We need the win far more than we did against chelsea, just keeping around 5th and 6th will be what is required this season.

Joel
Coleman Williams Funes-Mori Baines
Gana
Davies Barkley
Lennon Bolasie
Lukaku

I would attack them down the flanks from the word go. As they arguably have the worst left back who starts in the league.

Also an incredibly slow forward line, and a kid at centre back. We need to come flying at these I think and they'll crumble.

going to this one! Can't wait.

My first game since Martinez' first win against Chelsea. Hopefully a solid win for us.

As an aside from the Chelsea game, just back in work today after a couple weeks off and a Chelsea fan in my team told me his old man and his mate have been going to see Chelsea for 40 years and said the win against us was close to the best performance they had ever seen. I couldn't say how much of that was own to our performance though. They definitely are in flying form.

Joel

Coleman Williams Mori Baines

Gana Davies

lennon del-boy bolasie

Lukaku

I would try del-boy in the middle pulling the strings for the big fella up front.

Sorry, but I think Barkley should be rested for this one

Status
Not open for further replies.