ROONEY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look hes a decent player, would still score goals from number 9 or number 10, hes even done alright in midfield, we could certainly do a lot worse, but we could also do a lot better. Im not convinced his name rings out as much as it should and any benefit we had with shirt sales and the like would mostly go to Kitbag.

Sure it would be a marquee signing and he would no doubt do alright for us, but hes not the player that left, hes not even the player he was 2 years ago, he started at a very early age at the highest level, for England also, hes had a highly successful career with United, but hes played 40+ games a season for 14 years now, with not a great deal of off time most Summers, at some point, very soon all that will catch up with him.

If hes going to come hes got to come now, while he still has a LOT to offer us, otherwise, swerve.
Oh indeed.

Im just of the opinion that his arrival would possibly mean faltering progress for those around him on the pitch, obstruct the development of other players vying for his position and wouldnt last long enough to be worth what we could be spending on younger players with a greater impact. It's a bit too short termist for me.

I would Defo have him back.

Blue - tick
Hunger for everton success - tick
Captain / leader - tick
Playmaker / goalscorer - tick
Marquee signing - tick
Ability to attract others to new everton project - tick
Global marketing appeal for everton - tick
Within wage bracket - maybe, image rights for him only and basic with rom. Honestly think he's not the mercenary everyone thinks. Made good wedge and can now take a 'hit' for boyhood club.
What must his lads think... Dad you're a blue. Why you playing for these?
Say bye bye at testimonial and all good.
It's now. It fits. It will happen.

Blue - tick
Captain / leader - tick
Marquee signing - tick
Within wage bracket - maybe, image rights for him only and basic with rom. Honestly think he's not the mercenary everyone thinks. Made good wedge and can now take a 'hit' for boyhood club.

But he got no desire to play for Everton

No from me. Do we really want to bring in a 30 year old on wages several times more than others in the team who'll keep the 22 year old Ross Barkley out of a place in the starting XI ? Last season btw Rooney scored 8 league goals, the same as Barkley. He's still a class player, but we got money to spend, why not invest it in younger faster players who'll still be ace in 5 years time.

Poll, please.

I can't see Moshiri supporting a Rooney return, any positives would be short lived.

In purely financial terms we'd be paying a high price, for a rapidly depreciating asset that would be practically worthless within a few years.

Just not good business

Blue - tick
Captain / leader - tick
Marquee signing - tick
Head - tick
The - tick
Ball - tick

Please take him back.

Reading through this thread I'm amazed at how many want him. He's finished as a striker and is very sloppy with his touch and passing to play midfield. Having a couple of good games for England means nothing when the other team were dropping back and leaving a huge amount of space in midfield.

I've watched him play midfield for United quite a few times and he really isn't that good there. Against a team that presses hard (like our game vs West Ham away, lost 3-2) he was useless. The guy is like a noose around our neck right now so if you want him I would be very happy if he left

Plus the wage he would want it would be mental for Everton to sign him.

The positive of signing him would be that he has a lot of winning experience and isn't a player who decides to stop playing for a manager. He gives 100% each game which I appreciate and is a good leader in our dressing room

Hmm it does seem to pipe up with ever increasing frequency.

As I've said before, I'd have taken him a while ago but not now.

This horse has bolted.

Surprised at United fans wanting to get rid so easily though. He's an all time legend for them. I think we respect his achievements more than they do.

Please take him back.

Reading through this thread I'm amazed at how many want him. He's finished as a striker and is very sloppy with his touch and passing to play midfield. Having a couple of good games for England means nothing when the other team were dropping back and leaving a huge amount of space in midfield.

I've watched him play midfield for United quite a few times and he really isn't that good there. Against a team that presses hard (like our game vs West Ham away, lost 3-2) he was useless. The guy is like a noose around our neck right now so if you want him I would be very happy if he left

Plus the wage he would want it would be mental for Everton to sign him.

The positive of signing him would be that he has a lot of winning experience and isn't a player who decides to stop playing for a manager. He gives 100% each game which I appreciate and is a good leader in our dressing room

Well he won't be coming back unless we offer him the same wages. Rooney got no desire to play for us, he playes for the club that will pay him the most. I was gobsmacked when the got a new 5 year contatct worth 250k a week. Seems you are stuck with him unless someone offers to take over the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.