ROONEY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry 2.0 but would play a bit further up field, put Tom Davies in to do his running while he learns (not about the fags and grannies obvs)

Would help Koeman in the transition/rebuilding stage.
But Mourinho's not daft either he knows he's going to need Rooney during His transition/rebuilding.

so yeah but no, but yeah but no
Jesus wept.

Cracks me up that fully grown men can still hold a grudge against someone who at the age of 17/18 decided he wanted to play elite level football rather than grind it out in a relegation fight.

'oh but but he kissed the united badge in front us' - Oh my god the horror, how traumatising for you all, however did you cope ? who had been giving him verbal abuse non stop.

Id happily take him back, won't happen though.

Cracks me up that fully grown men can still hold a grudge against someone who at the age of 17/18 decided he wanted to play elite level football rather than grind it out in a relegation fight.

'oh but but he kissed the united badge in front us' - Oh my god the horror, how traumatising for you all, however did you cope ? who had been giving him verbal abuse non stop.

Id happily take him back, won't happen though.
Crying out load it's not about being bitter or stubborn. It's about a fine player's best years being behind him and him having given those years to another club.
Should we take him back we're telling the whole football world we have no ambition. Most of the people on here want a brave new world, people like you want to put on yer slippers, pull up a seat next to Kenwright and listen to his stories about the good old days.
I wonder if Ginola would take a pay as you play contract once recovered from his heart attack, I mean he was great years ago.

rather see besic-mcccarthy-barkley given time in the middle so he ain't getting into any ambitious midfield

and upfront there's better cheaper younger players waiting to be discovered

Crying out load it's not about being bitter or stubborn. It's about a fine player's best years being behind him and him having given those years to another club.
Should we take him back we're telling the whole football world we have no ambition. Most of the people on here want a brave new world, people like you want to put on yer slippers, pull up a seat next to Kenwright and listen to his stories about the good old days.
I wonder if Ginola would take a pay as you play contract once recovered from his heart attack, I mean he was great years ago.

Taking him back shows no ambition ? I think you'll find the majority of the football world would think the opposite. Sure he's not the player he was a few years back but he's still a superstar and still probably Englands best player when on form. It would be a huge news story globally if he rejoined us and would 100% not make the world think we have no ambition.

and for many people it IS about being bitter and stubborn, because everytime we have one of these threads its full of people being bitter going on about how he disrespected us and all that other banal bs.

It's not about the money! It's about moving forward. I am bewildered and enraged with how some people can't see what PR disaster this would be.
Wake up. We've been a laughing stock for years and some people want to suffer more.
Our fit bird jibbed us off, shagged the fella round the corner for years and now that fella wants a new bird and you are willing to take the old shagged out one back, absolutely no self respect.

What a wonderful description of Rooney's current ability and fitness level

Probably how I feel. I'd prefer energy in the middle and we can't afford sentiment, so on that note, I'm out.

I am quite sentimental and if there was a footballing justification for the move and he had younger legs near him then I wouldn't be unhappy. If it was to happen, it has to be now, not in another two years time. Equally, I wouldn't be unhappy if it all came to nothing.

Taking him back shows no ambition ? I think you'll find the majority of the football world would think the opposite. Sure he's not the player he was a few years back but he's still a superstar and still probably Englands best player when on form. It would be a huge news story globally if he rejoined us and would 100% not make the world think we have no ambition.

and for many people it IS about being bitter and stubborn, because everytime we have one of these threads its full of people being bitter going on about how he disrespected us and all that other banal bs.
Or he is a glamour signing that wont benefit us on the pitch greatly in the short time left his career has to span.

Status
Not open for further replies.