ROONEY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do we 'need'? He'd be the best footballer in our squad if he signed would he not? Class is class and he's still got plenty of it.
He's given his best for another side and we'd be shoehorning him into the team at the expense of growing something a bit more organically and younger hungrier players for maybe a year or two while he winds down his career. It'd be a novelty signing that we dont need.

I think it's more realistic now though than it was back then. We can pay anything up to 200k a week if rumours are to be believed so the wage cut wouldn't be as much of an issue. We've needed a proper captain for years as well, he'd instantly sort that out and it'd be a real statement of intent.

We should give him an ultimatum and just say it's now or never.
But we can't pay that much wages, we only have a certain amount of wiggle room with our wage budget, factor in new contracts to Ross and possibly whoever stays out of stones and rom and we can't afford to blow so much on a single player

I wish you wouldn't go on about wages. You don't have to chip in you know lol
Let Fahad worry about that

Definitely. He's still got a lot to give as a no. 10 and he's a leader on the pitch. Just what we need. Aside from footballing reasons it would really make a statement and make us much more marketable too. If it can be done it should. I'd imagine he'd still be out of our price range though surely

I think the badge kissing has to be forgiven. We've all made mistakes and done things were not proud of. I'd take him back because he's still quality. Simples.

The player of the tournament so far for England. He's bossing it in the middle of the park.

We'd be mad not to go for him if there's a chance of getting him.

Some people actually want him swanning back over here on £200k a week at the age of 31, looks like he's about to have heart palpitations after 25 minutes of a game these days. Why would you want to halt the progression of players like Tom Davies and Dowell who won't be able to get into the team because this tit is in the way? Can't wait til he sods off to LA Galaxy anyway

The player of the tournament so far for England. He's bossing it in the middle of the park.

We'd be mad not to go for him if there's a chance of getting him.

Hahahahahahaha he was absolutely rotten yesterday, not even arsed slightly what the mindless zombie pundits try and tell me simply because he's Wayne Rooney. Watched him ping enough stupid diagonal balls straight out of play to make my own mind up

Status
Not open for further replies.