Should Martinez still be manager for the FA Cup Semi Final?

Should Martinez be manager at FA Cup semi final?

• Yes

Votes: 99 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 846 89.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No was my answer. But like lots of blues have already said he will be. And if by some weird fluke we win the semi what happens to him then?

Well, kopites are having a laugh if Martinez stays....hell....the football world is laughing if he stays.

We would look like scared little club if he doesnt get swift kick into the arse inside of few hours now.

Cant believe how few can be worried about how we can perform at the Wembley without him? Well....would you like to go to the Wembley disorganised,scared and and....HELL...GET RID NOW AND LET ROYLE AND DUNC RALLY THE SQUAD UP FOR GODS SAKES

My views on Martinez are well known. I did not watch today's game as the writing was on the wall for a 3 or 4 nil drubbing. I must confess surprise at seeing @ilikecheese voting 'no'. Wonder what @mkrudden will do.
Team Davek has not had a good few weeks.

Was in a meeting when you posted this...then long commute home, followed by taking out frustrations on a bucket of golf balls.

I find it quite odd that fellow Blues would almost revel in the failure of Martinez just to have a pop at other Blues. I for one took exception to certain posters on here who even in the first season were showing signs that the minute a result didn't go right it was time for him to go in their eyes because they never wanted him in the first place. Yay...they've ultimately been right.

I wouldn't say I have ever been on Team Davek...more just an admirer of his ability to make a large portion of this forum absolutely fume. The shear number of folks he caught hook, line, and sinker with nearly every post was simply a joy to watch. We have some very talented fishermen on this forum...Dave hands down is the best one.

Anyway, as far as my 'no' vote goes, after this game with such a unmotivated showing, there is no other answer. I was really fuming when we drew them earlier in the season. It was an opportunity wasted...we were clearly the better team that day (which I think was ultimately why Brendan was sacked), and we absolutely should've won. Today we were not even close...they were the far superior side...and our team was so NEA. For this reason I think he should not manage another game for us. If he can't get them up for the Derby...what game will he?

While my positivity and patience may have been misplaced, I will just say that hope is a very powerful thing. After 11 years of being told we were plucky little Everton and it became very apparent we would never win F all under dour Moyes, hope was restored (if only for one season and a couple of cup runs). Hope is now well and truly out of the equation though, so he must go.

I find it quite odd that fellow Blues would almost revel in the failure of Martinez just to have a pop at other Blues. I for one took exception to certain posters on here who even in the first season were showing signs that the minute a result didn't go right it was time for him to go in their eyes because they never wanted him in the first place. Yay...they've ultimately been right.

I wouldn't say I have ever been on Team Davek...more just an admirer of his ability to make a large portion of this forum absolutely fume. The shear number of folks he caught hook, line, and sinker with nearly every post was simply a joy to watch. We have some very talented fishermen on this forum...Dave hands down is the best one.

So you found it odd that people who believed they were right about Martinez had a pop at other blues about it.

Yet you enjoy admire another poster who was here mainly to wind people up by your accounts.

What a ridiculous case of double standards you have, very strange behaviour!

So you found it odd that people who believed they were right about Martinez had a pop at other blues about it.

Yet you enjoy admire another poster who was here mainly to wind people up by your accounts.

What a ridiculous case of double standards you have, very strange behaviour!

No I find it odd to take a pop after admitting they were ultimately wrong.

Dave hooking you and many others is not even the same thing.

The overriding impression I get from kenwright from his media appearances is that he's an absolute tit and I'd put no amount of tittery past him.

My opinion on Bobby is that I like the fella and some of the football we've produced in his 3 years in charge is the best I've seen from Everton in my lifetime. But sadly the writing has been on the wall since the arsenal game in March.
This is why folks like me and @ilikecheese and others stayed loyal for so long. There is a flare manager with an eye for an exciting player in there, but there are too many fundamentals missing. And he has definitely lost the team and the entire fanbase. He has got to go. Don't know where he goes from here, but now I really don't care and want him gone now. (Wont happen like--but hey obviously I've been wrong before)

Sacking is the only thing that would help squad to gather up and fight.

Sacking is the only thing that would help fans to feel hopeful

Sacking is the only thing that would make the club look determined and unafraid

I think after this evening's debacle a new poll and thread is required.

Simple really, should he lead us into Saturday, and if so why, or should he go and who would replace him immediately?

The Board should've done this after Bournemouth away. Sack him tomorrow, get royle / sheeds / Reidy / Duncan. Rally the troops (players) and every supporter going to wembley on Saturday. Give us one f*ckin thing to believe in.

Sacking is the only thing that would help squad to gather up and fight.

Sacking is the only thing that would help fans to feel hopeful

Sacking is the only thing that would make the club look determined and unafraid

Agreed on points 2 and 3...not sure about the first. The players seem ready to enjoy their summer.

For me calling up the kids will be the only way will see a motivated side.

Let me ask one simple question tho: the semi is in ~68 hours. I mean, no matter who is brought in, can you see ANYTHING really changing in that time? That one point is why I am blaming a lot of this on the board. They should have taken matters into their own hands WEEKS ago in order to salvage ANYTHING from the season. Instead, we are where we are now...
The lift of spirit can be "phenomenal" (sorry for obscenity) and it can work miracles..
Under him the exit is guaranteed...

Agreed on points 2 and 3...not sure about the first. The players seem ready to enjoy their summer.

For me calling up the kids will be the only way will see a motivated side.

Dont be stupid. Atm they look like theyve no desire BUT if Martinez is sacked theyd surely wake up and be ready for that semi. If Martinez is still here this evening we are sleep walking into the Wembley with no nothing. Sacking is the only possible way to continue after last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.