Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point has been made on here on numerous occasions but a select few have chosen to ignore it while they continued on their Roberto crusade.IN 13/14 HE HAD DAVID MOYES'S DEFENCE. Has the penny dropped now
I don't agree, he changed the tactics immediately, I distinctly remember marveling at Jags passing it around his own box under pressure thst year thinking apparently you can teach an old dog new tricks. It's the same back four anyway, without Distin who was the weakest link anyway at that point.

No, I don't agree with that assessment at all. It doesn’t make any sense.

Fair enough. Respect your opinion. I agreed with it 8 days ago. Everton has changed though if what we hear is true. We can afford Managers that aren't divvies and support them financially.

Oh...and the "good play". That's great and all, but we aren't even at 40 points yet and it's March.
The good play is the most frustrating bit. We seem to keep playing really well and losing. I believe had the same issue.

The manager is the key to the good play.

Listen mate, be my guest: petition for Martinez's early departure and then watch as some new flavour divvy comes in and serves up Moyes type muck again.

Your call.

Me? I'm in for the long haul with a manager who has brought back football to Everton....warts'n'all.

Dave I'll give you one thing, you're committed to the manager.

His attacking, possession football is great, but his game management skills need serious work as do his substitutions. The Lennon/Niasse move today was nothing short of bizarre and that one decision is potentially the straw that is breaking so many backs.

All or at least most of the positivity generated this week evaporated in 12 minutes this afternoon and your blind faith in the manager now sees you labelling players as 'bottlers'.

If anyone has bottled decisions, it's the manager.
He bottled rescinding Moyes decision - made while departing - to appoint Jags as club captain. At the very least, he should have talked to Jags and told him that he, the new manager, would make the decision and not blindly accept that out the outgoing person.
But worse, far worse than that, he's bottled on more than one occasion in game winning positions parking his philosophy in favour of tried and tested defensive measures to close games out.

What would it take to say enough's enough?
I voted in as well.

My opinion is: I don't know. Before the Moshiri takeover I would have said IN barring anything short of relegation. Mainly because 1. Martinez has proven rather handy at attracting talent without much money to spend, in fact he might be better than Moyes, and 2. I didn't believe we'd be able to attract anyone better. That's changed now. Ambition must be greater. I think Martinez ought to get this summer to see what he can do with some real money. I also think our best chance of signing Lukaku to a new deal is voa Martinez - if we hired a new manager, aside from a really top drawer one which aren't available/wouldn't sign for us, Rom will be off like a shot. He still might, but Martinez is good at getting players onside.

His attacking, possession football is great, but his game management skills need serious work as do his substitutions. The Lennon/Niasse move today was nothing short of bizarre and that one decision is potentially the straw that is breaking so many backs.

All or at least most of the positivity generated this week evaporated in 12 minutes this afternoon and your blind faith in the manager now sees you labelling players as 'bottlers'.

He bottled rescinding Moyes decision - made while departing - to appoint Jags as club captain. At the very least, he should have talked to Jags and told him that he, the new manager, would make the decision and not blindly accept that out the outgoing person.
But worse, far worse than that, he's bottled on more than one occasion in game winning positions parking his philosophy in favour of tried and tested defensive measures to close games out.

This. Good post.

A sensible post amongst a sea of knee jerking fume.

I voted in as well.

My opinion is: I don't know. Before the Moshiri takeover I would have said IN barring anything short of relegation. Mainly because 1. Martinez has proven rather handy at attracting talent without much money to spend, in fact he might be better than Moyes, and 2. I didn't believe we'd be able to attract anyone better. That's changed now. Ambition must be greater. I think Martinez ought to get this summer to see what he can do with some real money. I also think our best chance of signing Lukaku to a new deal is voa Martinez - if we hired a new manager, aside from a really top drawer one which aren't available/wouldn't sign for us, Rom will be off like a shot. He still might, but Martinez is good at getting players onside.

Fair shout.

If Stones (already handed in a transfer request), and Lukaku want off in the summer, is that a nail in Martinez' coffin?

Let's say he stays, which I suspect he will.

Provided he's supported in the transfer window, spends anywhere near the figures reported.

What's his minimum expectation then?

26% home win ratio

1.6 goals conceded every game at home

A win every 4th game at home.........boss #theentertainers

Its what Everton have become and what Evertonians accept, or some. Others don't because they have pride in their team.

26% home win ratio

1.6 goals conceded every game at home

A win every 4th game at home.........boss #theentertainers

Its what Everton have become and what Evertonians accept, or some. Others don't because they have pride in their team.

The home form is a fortnightly slap in the face to one of the best and most patiently longsuffering supports in the country. If he can't sort it out and turn things around he should resign. It's an absolute travesty how badly we are playing at home.

It's a terminal decline with no end in sight. I think we've reached the point of no return for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.