Last Night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah christ it did hurt, I know the squad was depleted but I expected more fight, lets have them at Goodison, COYB.
:(

Because GOT was down I was on BlueKipper most of the day.....

Please, someone stop me from doing that again....please....I have seen the darkness.

You'd find it funny Goat.

Agree'd mate, nearly stuck pins in my eyes....

So many whoopers it's unreal....

After the match it was basically...

Cahill is past it and [Poor language removed] and should be benched.

Fellaini is [Poor language removed].

Osman is [Poor language removed] (even though he didnt play but he is [Poor language removed] anyway).

Rodwell shouldnt be a 1st team player.

I did ask who'd they'd play over 4 midfielders currently available...got no reply.

Then some tool started to say how [Poor language removed] the premiership was and how better every other league is.

Went the pub after that.

Last edited:
I thought we did okay in the first half. When I switched my stream back on for the second half, it was already 3-0. It was a gutless performance from then on. Yakubu was [Poor language removed] and Gosling was totally outclassed. Fellaini did nothing. Cahill looked old or bored, or both. Jo was okay in that he was playing more in midfield. Billy was decent apart from that [Poor language removed] cross that could have got us back in the game at 1-0. Pathetic stuff really.

It was hard to take but what we have all said for so long is that we acheive amazing things with a paper thin squad- imagine taking out 11 first teamers from that squad and the reality is last night.

Imagine the team that was unavailable last night:

Nash
Heitinger
Yobo
Jagielka
Baines
Osman
Neville
Arteta
Pienaar
Anichebe

Now imagine that side against them last night- bit more of a level playing field?

I thought we did okay in the first half. When I switched my stream back on for the second half, it was already 3-0. It was a gutless performance from then on. Yakubu was [Poor language removed] and Gosling was totally outclassed. Fellaini did nothing. Cahill looked old or bored, or both. Jo was okay in that he was playing more in midfield. Billy was decent apart from that [Poor language removed] cross that could have got us back in the game at 1-0. Pathetic stuff really.

Like I said on Kipper -

I agree, 1st half we handled well and could've got something if our final delivery wasnt poor. But for a team that had scored 32 goals in 12 games they were always going to be a threat and abused our weaknesses....the wings and full backs.

Minus the 4th goal (I think) all the goals were switching from left to right as if they'd been playing Pro Evo the night before. Simple and very effective especially with De Maria and Saviola's pace.

Rodwell and Fellaini started fine, they never really played through them but they ended up chasing ghosts after the goals. Cahill was, as usual on the wing, wasted. Not that he was poor but its like sticking Tim Howard up front, its not going to work.

Jo was shockingly bad IMO. Yak was feeding from scraps. Distin was generally solid but you cant just have 1 centre half doing the work, so was Howard stopping it from being a total meltdown

A full squad and we'd batter them though.

I did like Gosling's leg-breaker of a challenge though. hehehe

Like I said on Kipper -

I agree, 1st half we handled well and could've got something if our final delivery wasnt poor. But for a team that had scored 32 goals in 12 games they were always going to be a threat and abused our weaknesses....the wings and full backs.

Minus the 4th goal (I think) all the goals were switching from left to right as if they'd been playing Pro Evo the night before. Simple and very effective especially with De Maria and Saviola's pace.

Rodwell and Fellaini started fine, they never really played through them but they ended up chasing ghosts after the goals. Cahill was, as usual on the wing, wasted. Not that he was poor but its like sticking Tim Howard up front, its not going to work.

Jo was shockingly bad IMO. Yak was feeding from scraps. Distin was generally solid but you cant just have 1 centre half doing the work, so was Howard stopping it from being a total meltdown

A full squad and we'd batter them though.

I did like Gosling's leg-breaker of a challenge though. hehehe

To be honest, none of them covered themselves in glory. If Billy's cross had been good in the first half, we would have scored. I think there were at least 2 unmarked men just yards from the goal, just waiting. But the way we just let them dominate in the second half was a worry. We gave up, or rather we seemed to decide that these lads were in a different class. We stopped competing.

Moyes needs to have a look at what's going on. As far as I can see, we are woeful this season. We've had a few injuries but we're still playing like a lower PL team. Our start to the season has been the easiest in years, and look at where we are, mid-table.

Sorry state of affairs at the moment. The Moyesia will turn it around, though! :D

Last edited:

It was hard to take but what we have all said for so long is that we acheive amazing things with a paper thin squad- imagine taking out 11 first teamers from that squad and the reality is last night.

Imagine the team that was unavailable last night:

Nash
Heitinger
Yobo
Jagielka
Baines
Osman
Neville
Arteta
Pienaar
Anichebe

Now imagine that side against them last night- bit more of a level playing field?

This.

Spent last night in the Alex Young suite with a couple of hundred blues..................beaten 5 - 0 and no one went overboard, at half time we were all quite happy. that spell at the start of the second was a kick in the balls. With such a disfunctional team out why be upset, why say anyone is [Poor language removed], senior players working overtime, youngsters got a run around by a very good team packed to the rafters with hard nosed international all playing to their best. Distin and Hibbo tried as hard as anyone to keep it together. We all know what we get from Jo and Mo, the Goose did OK and I refuse point blank to point the finger at Seamus, that lad will have learned more last night than in the whole of his career. I know other teams want to commit ritual suicide when two players are missing let alone eleven.

It wasn't nice to watch but I see no reason to go over the top..................we'll kick arse when they come here on bonny night1111

To be honest, none of them covered themselves in glory. If Billy's cross had been good in the first half, we would have scored. I think there were at least 2 unmarked men just yards from the goal, just waiting. But the way we just let them dominate in the second half was a worry. We gave up, or rather we seemed to decide that these lads were in a different class. We stopped competing.

Moyes needs to have a look at what's going on. As far as I can see, we are woeful this season. We've had a few injuries but we're still playing like a lower PL team. Our start to the season has been the easiest in years, and look at where we are, mid-table.

Sorry state of affairs at the moment. The Moyesia will turn it around, though! :D

True. Its square pegs in round holes and the balance isnt there.

I think he may after just be very cautious and wait till players come back. Rather than be cavallier and be attack minded, think defence first. Slap Neil, Heitinga, Distin, Hibbert, Yobo, Baines, all on and go gor preventing goals rather than scoring because the team will get chances.

Its too risky trying to play a similar way that we'd do with a fit squad, with a depleated one.

After the match it was basically...

Cahill is past it and [Poor language removed] and should be benched.

Fellaini is [Poor language removed].

Osman is [Poor language removed] (even though he didnt play but he is [Poor language removed] anyway).

Rodwell shouldnt be a 1st team player.

I did ask who'd they'd play over 4 midfielders currently available...got no reply.

Then some tool started to say how [Poor language removed] the premiership was and how better every other league is.

Went the pub after that.

Well Rodwell shouldn't be in our first team week in week out just yet when everybody is fit. Next season I'd expect him to be but not right now.

Well Rodwell shouldn't be in our first team week in week out just yet when everybody is fit. Next season I'd expect him to be but not right now.

Dont really have a choice (which is what I posted). Rodwell's probably the most comfortable and technically gifted central midfielder we have available at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.