Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quiet clearly we were interested in this Ogbonna, he said so and thanked us for how we treated him, the papers were full of it and he plays in a position we are looking to strengthen.

He choose to go elsewhere and we lost out to West Ham. It happens all the time, we've even beaten other clubs to players before because of a preference to be first choice players and not squad fillers. He picked another over us, wasn't the first and won't be the last.

It's odd to deny this happened and pretend we didn't want him when all the evidence shows we clearly did.

I seriously doubt Halilovic will be making his decision based on which club he believes is "bigger" or more glamorous. This could effectively be a two year loan arrangement as far as he's concerned, so it follows that he will base his decision on which club will allow him the better opportunity to grow into a player capable of contributing at Barcelona.

If he chooses West Ham solely on the basis of their location in London then he isn't the type of player we'd want at Everton anyway.

I seriously doubt Halilovic will be making his decision based on which club he believes is "bigger" or more glamorous. This could effectively be a two year loan arrangement as far as he's concerned, so it follows that he will base his decision on which club will allow him the better opportunity to grow into a player capable of contributing at Barcelona.

If he chooses West Ham solely on the basis of their location in London then he isn't the type of player we'd want at Everton anyway.
Would be more likely because Bilic is also Croatian, makes a big difference if your coach can speak your native language and can understand some of the cultural differences.

One of the reasons that Deulofeu chose Everton for his loan was because of Martinez's Catalonian links.

Would be more likely because Bilic is also Croatian, makes a big difference if your coach can speak your native language and can understand some of the cultural differences.

One of the reasons that Deulofeu chose Everton for his loan was because of Martinez's Catalonian links.

Excellent point, and I would hope most fans wouldn't begrudge Halilovic or decry Everton if that were the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.