Everton Named In Top 15 Most Valuable Brands In World Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
It seems the Club are on a Board/PR offensive at the moment...

Everton have just released this press release.

World’s leading independent brand valuation and strategy consultancy release Brand Finance Football 50

Everton’s brand value has grown by 88% this year to $228million (£149.55m), establishing the Club in the top 15 most valuable brands in world football.

The world’s leading independent brand valuation and strategy consultancy released the Brand Finance Football 50 today.

The annual report by Brand Finance on the world’s most valuable football brands reveals that Everton’s brand value increased by $107million (£70.18m) this year after the Club reported a record profit of £28.2million in the 2013/14 season.

David Haigh, CEO of Brand Finance, said: “After making record profits of £28.2m in 2013/14, the value of the Everton brand has soared by 88% over the past 12 months and is now ranked as the 15th most valuable club brand in world football.

“Investors and sponsors must increasingly look to investment opportunities at clubs such as Everton whose brand value continues to outgrow their competitors.

“This is evident through continued sponsorship by the Club’s main partner, Chang Beer, who have signalled their belief in the brand’s ability to grow by reinvesting a further £16million in sponsorship of the Club, which had a positive impact on commercial revenues.

“Fan engagement conducted by the Club over the crest redesign shows how closely the club monitor both the perception of their brand and their relationship with fans.

“Brand valuation puts a present-day value on future earnings of a brand. With manager Roberto Martinez’ continued and unwavering commitment to attacking football, it is the opinion of our analysts here at Brand Finance that the work being done at Everton, both on and off the pitch, will have a positive impact on the value of the Club and its sponsors in the future.”

The Club’s record £28.2million profit in 2013/14 resulted in an increase of 6.3% to the long-term growth rate and 6.2% increase to the compound annual growth rate applied to Everton in the valuation, while the commercial brand value increased by 41%.

The record-breaking Premier League deal for the right to broadcast games for the next three seasons from 2016 resulted in a 144% increase in the Club’s broadcasting brand value.

The Brand Finance Football 50 is the only study of its kind to analyse and rank football clubs by the value of their brands, providing a deep understanding of the opportunities and challenges facing the industry.

And yet the likes of Fulham bring in more money commercially.

We're wasting to much of an opportunity here, get in a proper CEO and marketting team who can take us forward
Would sooner be bought out meself like.....New Owners.
Updating our marketing team would only bring in more money for our current "investors" then a sale would be less likely.

Updating our marketing team would only bring in more money for our current "investors" then a sale would be less likely.
Lets get real, we arent getting new owners any time soon so at least get rid of the incompetent buffoon running the place and get in a proper ceo and team to try and take advantage

I think we could be fine under Kenwright if we actually had a plan to go forward with a new CEO etc like others are suggesting

It's an interesting report, but "brand value" in football is almost completely meaningless in the context of the value of the business in my opinion. Brand Finance (the authors of the report) calculate using the Royalty Relief method of calculating brand value - ie how much would a company have to pay a third party to establish the brand that exists today.

Football clubs are almost unique in the sense that most companies have to pay broadcasters to market their products. Football clubs get paid by broadcasters to market their product and what's more the more successful they are on the pitch the greater the payment.

If I am buying a bean can manufacturer I'm interested in brand value as the greater it is the more valuable the company is. If I'm buying a football club, I'm interested in the Capex requirement of building the team and a new stadium (in the case of Everton), I'm not interested in the brand value, I'm not going to pay anything for it.

Now assuming Bill and Co really don't want to sell, this report is music to their ears as it allows them to justify the inflated price they put on the equity. But the buyer sees through that and says the brand value is driven by the investment I make in the club and therefore is not reflected in the value of the equity.

Status
Not open for further replies.