Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just showing all the goals on MOTD and what's the first thing they show on our game, yep his dive. Plus they still keep in the bit where they reckon Mirallas should get a red, don't even show the replay to price Tompkins was blagging it.

Just showing all the goals on MOTD and what's the first thing they show on our game, yep his dive. Plus they still keep in the bit where they reckon Mirallas should get a red, don't even show the replay to price Tompkins was blagging it.
They did take the mick out of Tomkins though.... "Get pushed in the chest, Hold my eye, Yes James", on Football First they were hard on him too, saying it's cheating.

SSN shwoowing the McCarthy incident today had the studio presenter wrongly saying that McCarthy was booked for the challenge. I don't know what he was booked for but it certainly wasn't for the tackle since neither the ref or the linesman deemed it worthy of even a free kick.

This next few months is going to be critical for Barkley's development. He needs to be playing every game, for the full 90 minutes. At the moment he's looking like a spring lamb, with sudden bursts of energy but lots of time doing sod all. The lad's development has so far been very slow, even allowing for injuries and Moyes reluctance to give him any game time. He needs intensive coaching, that makes him think more clearly and more quickly about he's going to do with the ball, where to run etc. The truly great players have never needed such coaching of course.

Don't think he will be in a rush to push Naismith out wide again. He is dreadful out wide so dreadful that at Spurs last season the spurs fans took the p1ss out of him until he had to be hauled off.
Poor lad played dreadful out on the wing in that game, you could almost see the confidence drain out of him, was sad to watch. However he played very well out wide against Man City away last season and Adton Villa at home this with Barkley in the centre both times.

Don't think out wide is the best postion for any of Naismith, Barkley, Osman or Lukaku but all have had some good games there despite it - probably depends on how the opponents are set up and if to quote Martinez they are "in a good moment of form".

He's capable of amazing things that get us out of our seats.his poor form is a bit worrying though .I love bobby's positivity but his over the top hype about ross isn't helping him cos every mistake is being scrutinised in the media . especially that dive.If he's gonna become the player we're all hoping for he's gonna have to be mentally tough cos right now he looks a bit fragile

The most worrying thing to me about the Barkley dive was why it would even enter his mind to go down. Normally players dive because it's the best way to get the most out of a tight or hopeless situation. But in this instance Barkley had the ball under control, he was in full stride, and there was no one stopping his progressing into an expanse of space down the right wing. An ideal situation for him to exploit. It says alot about the mentality of modern day footballers. Or maybe it was just another example of Barkley's poor decision-making on the pitch.

Barkley just needs time to develop the hype in the media is crazy for the lad.
Going away with England does not help with the way woy is with him.
Mind you Martinez playing him on the left wing makes no sense especially against west ham with hibbert behind him.
People slate moyes for the way he dealt with the younger players but they all played in the right position and have come through well.

The most worrying thing to me about the Barkley dive was why it would even enter his mind to go down. Normally players dive because it's the best way to get the most out of a tight or hopeless situation. But in this instance Barkley had the ball under control, he was in full stride, and there was no one stopping his progressing into an expanse of space down the right wing. An ideal situation for him to exploit. It says alot about the mentality of modern day footballers. Or maybe it was just another example of Barkley's poor decision-making on the pitch.

He had one of the games biggest [swear word] looking like he's was on the verge of using his legs as target practice, he pre-empted it in a split second and looked silly as the foul never came. Bear in mind this is a lad who at 16 was on the verge of making the first team but suffered a horrendous injury that kept him out the game for 18 months and hampered his early career and professional progress, you can't really blame the lad for occasionally being concerned when a known football thug comes charging at him. The longer he plays the fear will diminish and he'll ride out those sort of fouls with more confidence, it was silly and he'll know that but let's not slate the young lad everytime he's not a perfect 10 ffs.

He will play central midfield, he is just learning the game.

Exactly the same as Schweinstiger, when he played wide right for years....it was part of his game development, central midfield was always his future position.

Were you saying that after his goal v Newcastle away last season?

What about after his goal against City at home?

Or what about his performances against Swansea or Arsenal away last season?

He WILL be a great player. Of course hes inconsistent, hes still a novice in this league. Remember when he got injured last year and it took him weeks to regain form.

Absolutely bonkers post imo. Do you think that Utd didnt go through some irritation with Ronaldo before he became arguably the best player in the world??
Just my opinion yes he has scored some great goals and does great things on the ball, but all i hear is how great he is and i dont think that.
Not saying he wont be but i think something is missing from his game, its all about opinions and that is mine.

The Osman massive will come for you now mate

g22.gif

Tbf, those that slate him go too far, and those that praise him go too far. The truth is somewhere in the middle. I like Ossie, watched him long enough to know that with the right players around him he can be the glue that makes a side cohesive. Players like Arteta and Eto'o have the quick feet and quick footy brain to ping the ball about fast and short that cuts defences up no matter what. But the Arteta's and Eto'o's (double hyphen!!) are few and far between, let alone gettable on a meagre budget.
(Edit: and as this is a thread on Barkley, hopefully some of the passing and move short quick stuff isn't going unnoticed.)

He will play central midfield, he is just learning the game.

Exactly the same as Schweinstiger, when he played wide right for years....it was part of his game development, central midfield was always his future position.

Schweinstiger played for Bayern Munich. I think that was the reason why he didn't play CM. There where better players at the time there and he was being fitted into a team.

Barkley is being fitted around Stephen Naismith.

Status
Not open for further replies.