Beardsley

Status
Not open for further replies.
and of course we all remember "that" goal, into the park end in front of the all the sh*te
I still have it on VHS with sky sports interviewing fans outside after and a lad saying how much it hurt him to see Beardsley in a blur shirt :) With that magical SS Here We Go theme tune at the time. When the premiership was still new and Sky Sports was the greatest thing in the world :)

remember harry enfields scousers had a photo of PB above the door next to the pope and JFk and they used to kiss it on the way in and out :) :)
(in an england shirt!)

I remember him hitting a 60 yard cross field pass at Goodison that was inch perfect...and it was a full on overhead bicycle kick.
An absolute genius of a footballer, without the crazy side all the true geniuses seem to have.

I remember that on MOTD...it was incredible. He was in the centre circle and hit a bicyclekick out to the right wing into the path of whoever the hell was flying up the wing.

I'd love to see that again. Fantastic footballer.

The ultimate number 10 player criminally under appreciated by everton fans.is he coaching for anyone ? He could teach ross a hell of a lot

Absolutely gutted when we sold him to Newcastle.....I think he came back to Goodison and scored against us...I even applauded him (the only time ever I've done that) and his sale was just one of a number of contributing factors which led to me giving up my S/T at the time.

I loved him and was gutted when we sold him on to Newcastle - where he continued to be brilliant!
Awesome player.

'GOING DOWN, GOING DOWN, GOING DO.........'

'BEARDSLEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY'

Seen the mid 80's team but Beardsley was the first footballer I truly appreciated. Strange but I remember the dislike around him by a few football fans around his place in the England team in the '90 world cup.

Terrible sale, even if it was 1m it was just impossible to replace someone of that quality. Remember an effort from the half way line against Forest ( we were 3-0 at ht ) and it literally must have gone about 60 yards in the air and bounced off the top of the crossbar. Would have been the best goal I had ever seen, certainly one if the best nearly goals I've ever seen. Brilliant player and my love only enhanced even more by scoring against that crap. Plus scoring a pen away at city one cold night which sticks out as we weren't doing too good at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.