The 223rd Merseyside Derby: 27/09/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
They all will if he scores a memorable winner in a Derby

Andy King for example. Scored his in 78 and people still talk about it

I'll remember the name Danny Cademartari for the rest of my life after his Derby winner. I even still refer to that match as "The Danny Cad Derby" FFS
Possibly, for that alone. Not for Tony Hibbert being as we know him.

...and you're forgetting what you're comparing it to.

6-0.

We'd be talking about that for 100s of years.

If we beat them 6-0 I will name all my kids after the people who scored.

You could ask every Everton fan what their dream result against Liverpool would be, and I’m sure most would say that they’d love to see us nail them 6 or 7 goals to nil in The Champions League Final or some such. Though that’d be lovely, I’d much rather us beat them 1-0, at Anfield, with Hibbert getting the winner in the last minute. If it had been after a game Liverpool had dominated, it would make it even sweeter.

That’s how I want to beat them. For us to beat them 7-0, we’d have to be incredible. We’d have to be awe inspiring. Yeah, that’d hurt a Liverpool fan, no doubt, but they could console themselves that they lost to the better side. But on the other hand, losing at home after you’d dominated the match and had numerous chances to score (In my perfect scenario, Gerrard misses a penalty) and with the winning goal coming in the last minute from a man who had never scored before? That would stick in your throat for months, possibly even forever. Liverpool fans like to say Everton fans are bitter, and no doubt there’s some truth to that, but the only group of fans with a sour taste in their mouths after a result like that would be the ones in the red shirts.

Delicious.
I would rather beat them with a really scrappy own goal in the last minute of injury time causing them to be relegated never to return

The record away win for Everton in this fixture is 5-0 in the 1914-1915 season.

Exactly 100 years ago this season.

*cue Twilight Zone soundtrack*

You could ask every Everton fan what their dream result against Liverpool would be, and I’m sure most would say that they’d love to see us nail them 6 or 7 goals to nil in The Champions League Final or some such. Though that’d be lovely, I’d much rather us beat them 1-0, at Anfield, with Hibbert getting the winner in the last minute. If it had been after a game Liverpool had dominated, it would make it even sweeter.

That’s how I want to beat them. For us to beat them 7-0, we’d have to be incredible. We’d have to be awe inspiring. Yeah, that’d hurt a Liverpool fan, no doubt, but they could console themselves that they lost to the better side. But on the other hand, losing at home after you’d dominated the match and had numerous chances to score (In my perfect scenario, Gerrard misses a penalty) and with the winning goal coming in the last minute from a man who had never scored before? That would stick in your throat for months, possibly even forever. Liverpool fans like to say Everton fans are bitter, and no doubt there’s some truth to that, but the only group of fans with a sour taste in their mouths after a result like that would be the ones in the red shirts.

Delicious.

I like you mate and you come across as a really nice guy, but you don't half talk some bollocks when it comes to football.

Reactions: FTY

i was at that game

You must look something like this now then mate?

homemade-baked-potato-chips-3.jpg

I agree with the need to get a little more snide with these.

Going back over my 45 years as a Blue I have seen Tommy Smith, Jimmy Case, Graham Souness, Robbie Fowler, Jamie Carragher, Gerrard, Suarez, etc etc etc etc use every trick in the book to get it over us.

We have usually been too light and too polite which is why our record has been so poor - when we had Ratters, Bracewell, Gray and Reidy snarling around, the results tended to come more our way without any diving mind you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.