The 223rd Merseyside Derby: 27/09/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry about them let them worry about us.

If villa can win there so can we .We've got the players to do it we just need the belief and confidence to do it.

Slippy G has become the first pantomime horse with an arse at both ends. If it were me, I'd unleash Besic on Sterling and then stroll to a tidy 2 -0 victory.

2-0 Liverpool, Jagielka to have a nightmare (again) and Besic to get sent off 5 mins after coming on at half time.

You could ask every Everton fan what their dream result against Liverpool would be, and I’m sure most would say that they’d love to see us nail them 6 or 7 goals to nil in The Champions League Final or some such. Though that’d be lovely, I’d much rather us beat them 1-0, at Anfield, with Hibbert getting the winner in the last minute. If it had been after a game Liverpool had dominated, it would make it even sweeter.

That’s how I want to beat them. For us to beat them 7-0, we’d have to be incredible. We’d have to be awe inspiring. Yeah, that’d hurt a Liverpool fan, no doubt, but they could console themselves that they lost to the better side. But on the other hand, losing at home after you’d dominated the match and had numerous chances to score (In my perfect scenario, Gerrard misses a penalty) and with the winning goal coming in the last minute from a man who had never scored before? That would stick in your throat for months, possibly even forever. Liverpool fans like to say Everton fans are bitter, and no doubt there’s some truth to that, but the only group of fans with a sour taste in their mouths after a result like that would be the ones in the red shirts.

Delicious.

You could ask every Everton fan what their dream result against Liverpool would be, and I’m sure most would say that they’d love to see us nail them 6 or 7 goals to nil in The Champions League Final or some such. Though that’d be lovely, I’d much rather us beat them 1-0, at Anfield, with Hibbert getting the winner in the last minute. If it had been after a game Liverpool had dominated, it would make it even sweeter.

That’s how I want to beat them. For us to beat them 7-0, we’d have to be incredible. We’d have to be awe inspiring. Yeah, that’d hurt a Liverpool fan, no doubt, but they could console themselves that they lost to the better side. But on the other hand, losing at home after you’d dominated the match and had numerous chances to score (In my perfect scenario, Gerrard misses a penalty) and with the winning goal coming in the last minute from a man who had never scored before? That would stick in your throat for months, possibly even forever. Liverpool fans like to say Everton fans are bitter, and no doubt there’s some truth to that, but the only group of fans with a sour taste in their mouths after a result like that would be the ones in the red shirts.

Delicious.
In 30-40 years time very few will know who Hibbert was. It'll mean nothing to people born after he retires. To them it'd just be a late winner.

6 nil on the other hand...no one would ever forget that, Blue or red...and it'd mean something to people born generations later.

That’s how I want to beat them. For us to beat them 7-0, we’d have to be incredible. We’d have to be awe inspiring. Yeah, that’d hurt a Liverpool fan, no doubt, but they could console themselves that they lost to the better side.
But on the other hand, losing at home after you’d dominated the match and had numerous chances to score (In my perfect scenario, Gerrard misses a penalty) and with the winning goal coming in the last minute from a man who had never scored before? That would stick in your throat for months, possibly even forever. Liverpool fans like to say Everton fans are bitter, and no doubt there’s some truth to that, but the only group of fans with a sour taste in their mouths after a result like that would be the ones in the red shirts.

Delicious.

No mate, we lost to the better side last year when they thrashed us and that's etched in the mind for a long time.

Seeing us completely dominate them at Anfield would absolutely crush them.

In 30-40 years time very few will know who Hibbert was. It'll mean nothing to people born after he retires. To them it'd just be a late winner.

6 nil on the other hand...no one would ever forget that, Blue or red...and it'd mean something to people born generations later.

You're wrong mate

Tony Hibberts only offical goal being scored in a game that Everton won 1-0 at Anfield? We'd never forget that

If he's 5 yards offside as well, even better

Would love that tbf. Hibbert getting a boner during a corner because hes thinking about the day he finally scores... the ball drops to Osman who fires it across goal, it deflects off Tony's weapon and wrongfoots Mignolet and flies into the back of the net.

The stuff (wet) dreams are made from.

You're wrong mate

Tony Hibberts only offical goal being scored in a game that Everton won 1-0 at Anfield? We'd never forget that

If he's 5 yards offside as well, even better
No Mikey. Because we'd never hear the end of how they were cheated out of it and Tbh, I don't really care all that much for Hibbert these days and I don't think I'm alone. Crush them and they'd have nothing to say.
Although both of these hypotheticals are equally as unlikely.

In 30-40 years time how many Evertonians will know who Tony Hibbert is (was)?

They all will if he scores a memorable winner in a Derby

Andy King for example. Scored his in 78 and people still talk about it

I'll remember the name Danny Cademartari for the rest of my life after his Derby winner. I even still refer to that match as "The Danny Cad Derby" FFS

I think a big win is always better , I think it was 1965 Everton went to Anfield with a few reserves and we thought it be
great to get a draw , after about 30 minutes it. Was 3-0 for Everton ,Morrissey made it 4-0 early in the second half.

What a day that was . When we won the title in 1970 Alan Whittle. Made it 2-0 fifteen minutes into the second half a
few minutes later the red fans were streaming out of Anfield couldn't get out quick enough ,they've always been poor
losers and they will be poor losers in a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.