Injury updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kone is a lost cause.

"Sometimes joining in with 11 a side"

Honestly! What a waste of money. Hopefully we can ship him off to WBA or Burnley in Jan.

From his showings when he did manage to play I'd say no. Rather give those minutes to Long or McAleny to be honest.

adversus is a davek multi

What do you mean by that? lol

Davek is anti-board no-matter what they do. I'm a realist.

Personally I think we've spent well this window. Not enough to be competing with Utd, Spurs and Liverpool but we don't have the finances to do that so that's not a surprise.

I also think there is more money but again I can understand if it's kept back.

Even on the issue of Remy, I think he's a class player and before Barkley's injury getting him would probably have given us a real shout at top 4 but he does have a questionable character and questions about his medicals so I can understand why not.

Now that Barkley is injured I don't think we have a shout at top 4 this year so frankly ironically I'm less concerned if we get him. Our only chance this year of CL football is getting Ross back and the rest of the team playing well for the knockout stages of the EL.

That said the people who are in power like our board never just tell it straight. There's always a level of bollocks they have to spout because they don't want anyone to even question them.

Last edited:

Originally it was 6-8 weeks.

Then it became 8 weeks to 5 months, now it's definitely more than 8 weeks to who knows.

He'll be out till January at the earliest. What we do know for sure is that it's a tear which is grade 3.

That's what I originally said.

A tear is grade 3. Martinez has said it's a tear.

Everything else was just my opinion given the evidence. In fact I even used the words "I think" in front to makes sure that was obvious and prefixed what we knew for sure.

Kone is a lost cause.

"Sometimes joining in with 11 a side"

Honestly! What a waste of money. Hopefully we can ship him off to WBA or Burnley in Jan.

Wouldn't we be better in trying to get some value for that money out of him first?

From his showings when he did manage to play I'd say no. Rather give those minutes to Long or McAleny to be honest.

Is the right answer.

We've blown £5m on buying Kone, plus another £1m-ish on wages so far. We've got NOTHING in return, but people want to keep him? If/when he does return, he'll be behind Lukaku and Naismith in the pecking order: how much are we prepared to shell out in wages to keep hold of an aging, injury-prone, third choice striker, and how far are we prepared to stall the development of younger players like McAleny and Long in the process?

If he'd played half a dozen goals in fifteen games last year I could see the potential value in keeping him, but he didn't. He's only made it to double figures (goalscoring) in two of the last seven seasons - what exactly are we expecting him to achieve IF he comes back from injury? People are talking about him like he was Benteke or something.

Is the right answer.

We've blown £5m on buying Kone, plus another £1m-ish on wages so far. We've got NOTHING in return, but people want to keep him? If/when he does return, he'll be behind Lukaku and Naismith in the pecking order: how much are we prepared to shell out in wages to keep hold of an aging, injury-prone, third choice striker, and how far are we prepared to stall the development of younger players like McAleny and Long in the process?

If he'd played half a dozen goals in fifteen games last year I could see the potential value in keeping him, but he didn't. He's only made it to double figures (goalscoring) in two of the last seven seasons - what exactly are we expecting him to achieve IF he comes back from injury? People are talking about him like he was Benteke or something.

His season ending injury at the beginning of October may have prohibited that mate.

But hey, nothing like giving the lid a chance before wanting him sold eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.