Matthew Kennedy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

How do people feel about this ?

Is it a step towards him getting into the senior squad or do you think he's not going to be good enough for the Premiership ?
Discuss
It's a bit of a risk, especially if Stubbs doesn't last long as he could then easily fall out of favour.

Is it a step towards him getting into the senior squad or do you think he's not going to be good enough for the Premiership ?
Discuss
A 6 month loan spell would suggest (to me anyway) that he might suffer from lack of confidence and they are giving him a short spell away to help boost this with regular football. It would have been interesting to have known if any other teams had looked at taking him on loan. Preferably a lower premier league side.

You can see the lad has ability clearly.

Discuss

Not good enough IMO. He'd be going out on loan to a league better than the Scottish second division if he was going to make it.

But I've been known to be wrong once every ten years.

Discuss

I do hate when people end a post with this word! Ha...just really gets on my nerves, don't really know why? Anyone else?
Discuss

If we get Atsu I presume that he'll go to ACON so looking at it optimistically the 6 month loan may be so he gets continued development under Stubbs then comes back to take Atsu's place.

But at the moment he is clearly not ready for a place on the bench. Martinez loves his wingers and rotates/subs them a lot. If Kennedy was close he'd have added him to the squad even if that meant we'd have 5 as he'd still get lots of minutes. Garbutt and Browning seem to have made it through into the first team in positions we have much greater depth and don't change as frequently.

Doesn't mean he won't eventually make it at Everton but at the moment it is not looking promising. Hope he does though as he seems a nice lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.