Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to sound like getting carried away, but on paper, that's not only a Champions League chasing squad, that's a potential title challenging squad.

With luck and if things click, given the continuity we have in key positions, the sky is the limit here.

If Howard gets injured though, we're well and truly boned.

need a really good backup striker and a great winger imo to be the real deal. but we're quite a way off city and chelsea's squad. i mean they have £25m players all over the shop that are probably worth that. people like toure who can bang 20 goals in from midfield. not sure our centre backs are good enough big match players to win the title, but imo that is better than the liverpool squad of last season that bottled it last season.

Lukaku, Barkley, Coleman, McCarthy, Stones......5 of the best young players in the league signed up long term....add to that Baines & Barry....and hopefully Besic proves a bargain buy!....lots of potential coming through the youth academy too...

Happy days Blues!....
Mirallas is only 26 as well. I think people forget that. Just 1+ years older than Coleman.

btw he spoke awesomly in the 5 mins i saw before it cut off. seemed genuienly delighted to be here. we got this done on the first day we could - all people had to do was be patient like i said!

it's amazing to think he's only 21, imagine being in that situation at 21 yourself, i was nowhere near that mature

Absolutely buzzing but am I stupid to think there could be another quite big permanent signing to be made? We haven't payed 28m all at once, so maybe there is some money left for another signing.

I'm over the moon, we're winning the lot.

I hope he grows his dreds back soon. They made him look a lot more fearsomerererer.

images

I'm not losing hope on Kone. If he comes back fit and Martinez whispers nice things in his ears he may well get us 15 goals this season. Looking at his scoring stats he's a solid career 1 in 3 striker even approaching 1 in 2 at some of his former clubs.

He will have a part to play this season I'm sure. Hang in there Arouna.

I'm not losing hope on Kone. If he comes back fit and Martinez whispers nice things in his ears he may well get us 15 goals this season. Looking at his scoring stats he's a solid career 1 in 3 striker even approaching 1 in 2 at some of his former clubs.

He will have a part to play this season I'm sure. Hang in there Arouna.

I like it where he was a 1in 40 striker for Sevilla

One of the reporters at the presser (the woman) asked him if he knew there was a good chance that he wasn't actually saying goodbye at the end of the Hull game last season. He laughed and said "yeah".

It's only a matter of time before the whinging starts and Lukaku begins moaning about how "he wants to play Champions league football". I give it 3-4 years tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.