hallam hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bury are in League 2, aren't they? I'd be very surprised if we see Hope back here any time in the foreseeable future.

Recently turned 20 as well. Historically you'd imagine by that age you'd need to be at a higher level than League 2 to stand a chance, but who knows. Wiki says he signed a 2 year contract last summer, so Martinez must have seen something in him.

I had no idea Pompey had fallen that far. Thought they were League 1

Yeah I forgot about just how bad their plight has been.

Recently turned 20 as well. Historically you'd imagine by that age you'd need to be at a higher level than League 2 to stand a chance, but who knows. Wiki says he signed a 2 year contract last summer, so Martinez must have seen something in him.

I think he'd have to be in the Championship playing every week by 22/23 or so to have a chance of making it here. Osman was 22 when he came back to us from Derby I think if we use that as a yardstick. I can't see it unfortunately. I didn't know that he'd been handed a new contract, though.

I think he'd have to be in the Championship playing every week by 22/23 or so to have a chance of making it here. Osman was 22 when he came back to us from Derby I think if we use that as a yardstick. I can't see it unfortunately. I didn't know that he'd been handed a new contract, though.

Plus of course Seamus was around 22 when he really broke through to our first team. Lundstrum is a similar age to Hope, whilst of course Duffy is 22 already.

Plus of course Seamus was around 22 when he really broke through to our first team. Lundstrum is a similar age to Hope, whilst of course Duffy is 22 already.

Coleman is a bit of a weird one, he came in and looked extremely raw but within 3/4 years he's now arguably the best right back in the league, at least this season he certainly is anyway. That's a tremendous progression in such a short space of time.

Lundstram is playing for a team challenging for promotion in League 1 so you'd think he's got a better chance of making it here than Hope does.

Duffy,Hope,Lundstram etc have all been schooled through the Everton academy.
Coleman had played gaelic football as a youngster and had very little "soccer" experience.
I saw him play a game with the Irish under 21 team shortly after he signed for Everton and I would have defied
anybody to predict that he would have made the premiership team of the season within four years.
There is a talent scout somewhere with a serious eye for potential.

Coleman had played gaelic football as a youngster and had very little "soccer" experience.
I saw him play a game with the Irish under 21 team shortly after he signed for Everton and I would have defied
anybody to predict that he would have made the premiership team of the season within four years.

Unfortunately Chelsea poached him off us! Mick Doherty his name is.

I think Hallam joined us from Man City when he was very young. He's always banged the goals in for the youth teams so if he's doing well on loan it might not be too late for him

Wille McStay?

Playing the correct way, at a competitive level is important at the moment.

Same next season, maybe he will play higher, or maybe the way Bury play is key at the minute.

Playing the correct way, at a competitive level is important at the moment.

Same next season, maybe he will play higher, or maybe the way Bury play is key at the minute.

Good point. It's why Lundstram dropped down from the Championship to League 1 I think. Yeovil were getting battered every week but Orient are fighting for promotion. A different standard of opposition but Orient and Yeovil are probably at similar levels.

Good point. It's why Lundstram dropped down from the Championship to League 1 I think. Yeovil were getting battered every week but Orient are fighting for promotion. A different standard of opposition but Orient and Yeovil are probably at similar levels.

I think a balance of play style and competition is key.

I know Dave Flitcroft, my lad trains with his accademy in Bolton, and has trained him many times. He is obsessed with development, so that could be a big pull, for our younger lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.