If he was willing to come would you pay 20-25 million for Lukaku?

If he was willing to come would you pay 20-25 million for Lukaku?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a side-note, I'd love us to go for Vela from Sociedad if we can't get Lukaku. Him and Batshuayi would be a strike-force to be reckoned with!

Fair enough mate. What I would say though, if Super Bob could unearth a striker from the French league at 25-26 years old, for 9.5 mill who hit the back of the net almost 20 times in his first season despite being out for some of it, I'd be chuffed to bits.

Wouldn't we all?!

Have you noticed when we do sometimes lump the ball up top, Lukaku NEVER wins it? In fact Naismith wins many many balls....
I actually thought he had his best game in the air against Utd the other week, I suspect Duncan has been working on his timing. Agree about Nessie though, he reminds me, dare I say it, of Kevin Keegan, he has a great spring for a shorter fella. Just as long as he doesn't perm his golden locks, such as they are.

Completely astonished by how many fans get sucked in by a striker who scores the odd goal - gotta scratch beneath the surface - if he was 5ft 10 and weighed 11 stone he would not even be a professional footballer.

Technically he is shocking for premier league and international level - seriously the lad can't control a ball, can't time or judge his jumps, has poor balance, is lazy... he is pretty quick and fearsome when running at pace & scores poachers goals thats about it really.

I would honestly put him in the Kenwyne Jones, Ameobe, Heskey, Holt, carroll bracket. The so called potential are the things he just isn't doing very well - and in my opinion is unlikely to improve much on.

Completely astonished by how many fans get sucked in by a striker who scores the odd goal - gotta scratch beneath the surface - if he was 5ft 10 and weighed 11 stone he would not even be a professional footballer.

Technically he is shocking for premier league and international level - seriously the lad can't control a ball, can't time or judge his jumps, has poor balance, is lazy... he is pretty quick and fearsome when running at pace & scores poachers goals thats about it really.

I would honestly put him in the Kenwyne Jones, Ameobe, Heskey, Holt, carroll bracket. The so called potential are the things he just isn't doing very well - and in my opinion is unlikely to improve much on.

Firstly he is scoring 15-20 goals a season.

Secondly he is 20 years old.

Thirdly he is 6'3".

He has it all, he isn't the finished article but who the hell is? Seriously who would we possibly sign even close?

Honestly, who would you put forward as a replacement?

I'd love to get him, we just won't, he's probably not for sale and if he was, I doubt he would come to us mate.

But:

Alfred Finnbogason
Aron Johannsson
M. Batshuayi

Would be my three preferences.

I actually thought he had his best game in the air against Utd the other week, I suspect Duncan has been working on his timing. Agree about Nessie though, he reminds me, dare I say it, of Kevin Keegan, he has a great spring for a shorter fella. Just as long as he doesn't perm his golden locks, such as they are.

He reminds me of Cahill, but with a better through ball.

Not sure if a wind up or not.

He has scored 30 goals in the last two seasons, is capable of destroying teams (Arsenal and Liverpool at Goodison) and is 20 years old. 20.

I'll try again :)

He's apparently on £64185.34 according to this site http://www.celebrityincomeinfo.com/romelu-lukaku-salary-details/ which lists him as £76,894 Euros, and the internet converter comes up with that number.

He'll want a pay rise though and that is pretty much top end already so we are still unlikely to be able to afford him even if he's not on Barry's wages..
Let's round it up to £64186, to hell with the 66p, and Bill said there was a few quid knocking about too. If we raise the bar to £64189, I reckon it's on.

Don't think we are in the position to be able to blow our entire transfer kitty (if we even have that amount to spend) on one player.

I also still think he's a big risk at that sort of cash given he isn't the finished product yet. Maybe arsenal or spurs can risk that kind of cash but we can't unfortunately.

Let's round it up to £64186, to hell with the 66p, and Bill said there was a few quid knocking about too. If we raise the bar to £64189, I reckon it's on.

Lets do a full Leeds and make it 125k, that way I'll feel less silly about my previous Barry mix up :)

I'd love to get him, we just won't, he's probably not for sale and if he was, I doubt he would come to us mate.

But:

Alfred Finnbogason
Aron Johannsson
M. Batshuayi

Would be my three preferences.

all of them poor signings and would be like cornelius's

Status
Not open for further replies.