If he was willing to come would you pay 20-25 million for Lukaku?

If he was willing to come would you pay 20-25 million for Lukaku?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...I'm a fan, a big fan but I've voted no because I don't think he's a £20m striker. I want him to stay, I want him to be permanent because he'll continue to score goals but I think we can get him for less.

He'll not come here. Everton is a stepping stone for him. He's had a good season with a top 6 team and no doubt will have his pick of CL teams next year if the papers are to be believed. My heart wants me to believe bobby will convince him to sign mind you!

I agree. My gut tells me we have no chance of getting him, Bony would be more realistic imo.

No

Too many games this season he has been poor.

Too much money to spend on a player like him.

big fat no. traore and hernandez for me which could be at the same price

No, we have Hallam Hope who I reckon will be boss

explain how hernandez does not fit our system. Lukaku just stood there at saint's, hernandez would actually make runs to make things happen, come short, go beyond etc. And he provides the plan b of just putting dangerous crosses in to the box like we needed vs cp, those crosses that del whips in would be dinner for him. Quick and a great finisher. As for traore, that will be a risk, but you have to that in football, but I like the look of him from seeing him in previous years

I would not pay 20 million pounds. I think he might get worse not better as defenders cotton onto the fact that he is not good in the air, has terrible ball control and for the size of him he is a bit 'soft'. I realise I am going to get shot down in flames for my view, but as per the question raised by the OP, that is what it is.

PS he was MUCH better with his old hair.

No. I know he is only young but he is to lazy a lot of the time and can't control the ball very well.
Definitely not worth blowing pretty much all of our transfer kitty on him when other areas need strengthening.
He is regressing actually. He was better in West Broms team due to their counter attacking style, facing back fours and running at them almost like a 6.3 powerhouse winger.

People need to stop acting silly pretending he fits our possession system because he has scored a few knock-ins (and the one against Arsenal where he looked like a 6.3 powerhouse winger) oh wait a minute...

I have said it before, he has none of the main attributes to be the focal point of a possession styled team, loose touch, awful link-up play, no creativity, doesn't use his physical strength, terribe heading, poor work rate, doesn't show appreciation for space or draw away defenders, he is 21 this month so these excuses cannot be used forever, if there was atleast a sign of improvement from last year then maybe I would say he is worth it but I see nothing to suggest that.

Lastly, can people stop comparing his goals tally to players we have previously had - who played in much lesser footballing teams, its inaccurate and should not be used as ammunition for this discussion.

Hi guys.

Do you still stick by your opinions now its done and dusted?

He is regressing actually. He was better in West Broms team due to their counter attacking style, facing back fours and running at them almost like a 6.3 powerhouse winger.

People need to stop acting silly pretending he fits our possession system because he has scored a few knock-ins (and the one against Arsenal where he looked like a 6.3 powerhouse winger) oh wait a minute...

I have said it before, he has none of the main attributes to be the focal point of a possession styled team, loose touch, awful link-up play, no creativity, doesn't use his physical strength, terribe heading, poor work rate, doesn't show appreciation for space or draw away defenders, he is 21 this month so these excuses cannot be used forever, if there was atleast a sign of improvement from last year then maybe I would say he is worth it but I see nothing to suggest that.

Lastly, can people stop comparing his goals tally to players we have previously had - who played in much lesser footballing teams, its inaccurate and should not be used as ammunition for this discussion.

This post still sums up my primary remaining concern about Lukaku. It's 100% spot on, albeit exaggerated in describing his weaknesses.

Hi guys.

Do you still stick by your opinions now its done and dusted?

Ha Ha Ha The best one and you saved it for your last quote.

' I have said it before, he has none of the main attributes to be the focal point of a possession styled team, loose touch, awful link-up play, no creativity, doesn't use his physical strength, terribe heading, poor work rate, doesn't show appreciation for space or draw away defenders '.

Yet still managed over a goal every 2 games in the prem, despite going 7 games without scoring at one point.

Shocking player that Romelu Lukaku, agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.