If he was willing to come would you pay 20-25 million for Lukaku?

If he was willing to come would you pay 20-25 million for Lukaku?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to reitterate though.. We are not getting Lukaku even if we did stump up the wedge Chelsea want.
We're not even close to what his wage demands would be.
He's on £120k a week, before we throw in a more tempting offer to move him away... lol
We're not even close to being close.

Just to reitterate though.. We are not getting Lukaku even if we did stump up the wedge Chelsea want.
He's on £120k a week, before we throw in a more tempting offer to move him away... lol

Wait you think that as a 18 yr old, or whatever he was when he signed, he was offered 120k by anyone? Is there a source for this? Honestly it sounds like you've guessed at it

I disagree mate, I think he's a good mid-level striker in a very hit and miss team, with a manager who hasn't got his head round changing football tactics over the last few years (along with an inexplicable aversion to defenders). Giroud's record is pretty solid as a goal scorer and a playmaker, and I think with a team with a quality passing and attacking philosophy would get the best out of his prime years, which he is hitting now. He is a proven player in multiple leagues and I reckon would be nailed on for 15-20 goals a season with the right set up around him.

You really think Giroud would hit 15-20 with us?

I was under the impression from some of our well informed posters that Lukaku is not as well paid as some may think. I would imagine he's on the same contract from when he joined Chelsea, which I highly doubt is £120k a week.

Lukaku's heading isn't crap. Liverpool second goal, winner at West Ham. That's probably it but he knows how, maybe getting concussed during that West Ham one affected his mindset as has been mentioned before 'round here.

Fair enough that was a really good header. Have you seen anything close to that since?

Don't get me wrong, I would spend a lot of money on Lukaku, but he sure as hell has some weaknesses and heading is one of them.

You really think Giroud would hit 15-20 with us?

I do yeah, last season he netted 17 goals with 11 assists. That included an injury patch and a 4 game ban for a straight red. And his record in France was good, and I think he was often not first choice.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's RVP or anything, but I think at the price Arsenal paid he's a good buy, and would work well with us.

I was under the impression from some of our well informed posters that Lukaku is not as well paid as some may think. I would imagine he's on the same contract from when he joined Chelsea, which I highly doubt is £120k a week.

Wait you think that as a 18 yr old, or whatever he was when he signed, he was offered 120k by anyone? Is there a source for this? Honestly it sounds like you've guessed at it

I do my best to make sure I don't present guesses as facts mate, The Guardian may be less considerate though which is where I got it from.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/03/james-mccarthy-romelu-lukaku-everton

Last edited:
I do yeah, last season he netted 17 goals with 11 assists. That included an injury patch and a 4 game ban for a straight red. And his record in France was good, and I think he was often not first choice.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's RVP or anything, but I think at the price Arsenal paid he's a good buy, and would work well with us.

I will concede that I am not an expert on him. However I seriously doubt he would represent value for money at this moment in time. I would REALLY like to think that Bobby's scouting network can up with someone better than I can. However, I don't believe Giroud is the answer.

Barry's the one on 120k not Lukaku. I read/heard somewhere it was around 40k? Enough to live off like

Have you noticed when we do sometimes lump the ball up top, Lukaku NEVER wins it? In fact Naismith wins many many balls....

I will concede that I am not an expert on him. However I seriously doubt he would represent value for money at this moment in time. I would REALLY like to think that Bobby's scouting network can up with someone better than I can. However, I don't believe Giroud is the answer.

Fair enough mate. What I would say though, if Super Bob could unearth a striker from the French league at 25-26 years old, for 9.5 mill who hit the back of the net almost 20 times in his first season despite being out for some of it, I'd be chuffed to bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.