• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs lose and United lose or draw = 5th place for us. At that point, the City game no longer affects our final league position..... ;)

I think United have got 3 games to play though, and they have a similar goal difference.

But I certainly hope they both get beat at the weekend.

Look, it's very VERY simple.

Spurs and United both play before us on Saturday, and both of these games will have a bearing on our final league position. Why don't we ALL stop arguing in this thread until those two results come in? If they go our way, then I for one will abandon my "faux moral high-ground". Because it's not a moral high-ground at all, it's wanting the best result possible for EFC: losses for Spurs and United achieve that aim for EFC.

And I presume EVERYONE will be supporting West Ham and Sunderland?

I'm really trying to work out how i'm going to get some bragging rights in work with a 5th place finish to be honest...

I think United have got 3 games to play though, and they have a similar goal difference.

They're 9 points behind us, though. They need maximum points to catch us with us getting 0.

They draw vs sunderland before our game kicks off and we're guaranteed Europa.

If Spurs have already lost vs West Ham the way they have every time we've played them so far this season then by kick off vs city, we're guaranteed 5th no matter what happens from then on.

There is not one Man United fan that I know who actually cares where they finish now - they just wanted Moyes out and hope Liverpool don't win the league. They can't even be bothered to lower themselves to even want to finish above us - that says everything we need to know. Their season was written off a while ago.

All they are doing is looking at whether they are going to sign Toni Kroos as part of their £150m rebuild and if Giggs can get them playing the right football.

Achievement or sign of a very weak league?

Position matters more to me than points, personally. The fact that 7th will end up on a points total that has previously got you 4th surely just means that the bottom 13 are awful.

And honestly if the pressure of needing a point vs Hull to get the Europa is too much for our players and manager we might as well sell them all as they're never going to win us trophies. We need to learn how to win those games if we're going to get back to where we want to be, I trust Martinez to get what we need in that position.

Fair enough, for me, 75 points would soften the blow of missing out on 4th. It's definitly been a strange league this season with United and Spurs under performing, but I wouldn't say that bottom 13 are awful.

True, I agree with you on your second point. We definitely need to improve the way we play against teams lower down the league. Martinez has worked wonders improving our attitude and mentality against the bigger teams, but this is an area for improvement next season, and if we don't get anything against Hull then that would be a dire way to end the season.

All true. But they're NINE points behind us as it is - the moment they don't win a game they can no longer catch us, REGARDLESS of how we do against City and Hull.

I'm really trying to work out how i'm going to get some bragging rights in work with a 5th place finish to be honest...
I think you missed my point - but to be fair I was being cryptic. The moment Spurs and United can't catch us we no longer have to worry about our own results: the earliest this might be is 5pm on Saturday, and we don't play City until 5.30.

What I'm saying is that by 5pm on Saturday you MIGHT find a lot more people on here agreeing with you, so let's all stop arguing until then.

Fair enough, for me, 75 points would soften the blow of missing out on 4th. It's definitly been a strange league this season with United and Spurs under performing, but I wouldn't say that bottom 13 are awful.

I don't see there's any other way to look at the top 7 ending up with massive points totals than that the bottom 13 aren't very good.

We're going to finish probably with the highest ever points total for 5th place. That only means that the top 5 simply aren't being challenged by the bottom 15.

Not even going to be arsed with this. If the [Poor language removed] win the League, it's not because of Everton. It's because they deserve to win. [Poor language removed] all sakes. Is this what's it's really come to?

Granted, I'm not from Liverpool. I might miss this aspect the rivalry. Everton should play to win every match and I can't see the club or the players rolling over to try and keep the title away from the [Poor language removed].

They're [Poor language removed] indeed, but they've been quite ace this season.
This post became obsolete to me once I learned you weren't from Liverpool. Have you ever lived in Liverpool mate or at very least, surrounding areas?

If you have, you should no why.

For the record, nobody wants and is saying that we roll over. Will I be arsed if we lose like I usual am.... like [Poor language removed] I will.

No.

It's not 'settled'.
Smithy mate...

Were all in agreement. In our heads we are all not arsed if we lose at the weekend. Infact the hard heads on here will be secretly grinning from ear to ear if city win.

Just that other evertonians throw it down in black and white on here

This post became obsolete to me once I learned you weren't from Liverpool. Have you ever lived in Liverpool mate or at very least, surrounding areas?

If you have, you should no why.

For the record, nobody wants and is saying that we roll over. Will I be arsed if we lose like I usual am.... like [Poor language removed] I will.

How on earth did you know that Chicago Toffee wasn't from Liverpool ???

True, I agree with you on your second point. We definitely need to improve the way we play against teams lower down the league. Martinez has worked wonders improving our attitude and mentality against the bigger teams, but this is an area for improvement next season, and if we don't get anything against Hull then that would be a dire way to end the season.

I'm not sure about that, tbh.

I'd have to look it up but my gut instinct is under Martinez that our points total against the teams below us in the league has improved more than the points total vs the teams above.

I think looking at how many of our points have been gained vs the top 5, bottom 5 and middle 10 is interesting in terms of what it tells us about teams. And I imagine that this year we'll have improved most vs the latter.

Some very 'loose' spelling in this thread. :hayee: How can so many people spell a 4 letter word wrong? Not normally the grammar nazi type, but it really is quite astonishing.
Because this is what the thought of those quegs across the park winning the league does to you. It clouds your mind lad. Makes you rage and shake so much that you press the keypad on your phone harder, thus throwing in an extra O.

This is just the start of it. They cannot be allowed to win it.

NO....HFFFGHJHGGF GFFFHH

Status
Not open for further replies.