• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, it's all irrelevant really. What will be, will be. There's so many permutations. Can't we all just sit back, relax, enjoy the football and see what unfolds? Then, if the kopites win it, we can shoot ourselves in the balls.

I don't expect Everton fans to cheer Man City goals, but I don't expect them to wildly celebrate our goals if we win or draw. I expect a dignified reaction either way.

Personally I do not want Everton to hand the title to Liverpool. All this "ah well just worry about Everton" will mean naff all when we are suffering the inevitable "when did you last win the league?". Those lot will soon forget the favour - not good to have blown the league and need the neighbours to bail them out - so they will soon forget that and say "its won over 38 games lad"... for that alone I would play the kids...

Its not a good place to be as an Evertonian right now, if we had the CL in our own hands I would be 100% for beating City.

Not really liking blues falling out over this either.

No need really.

It's not difficult to understand both views is it?

I understand both views mate. 100 per cent.
but people saying we won't get a point at least at hull even if city beat us is undermining the season we have had. We are more then capable of getting a result in both games but I can see why people want city to win too. If they do I'm confident we get something at hull. If we lose it won't have Anything to do with the city game

I don't expect Everton fans to cheer Man City goals, but I don't expect them to wildly celebrate our goals if we win or draw. I expect a dignified reaction either way.

dignified, you say? You're having a giggle.

Its not a good place to be as an Evertonian right now, if we had the CL in our own hands I would be 100% for beating City.

So because we have to rely on Arsenal dropping points we should just give up?

Small-time...

It's a very good place to be an Evertonian. We should take this opportunity to push on. Do our best to beat the two City's, and challenge for the title next season. NSNO.

Arsenal are going to win their games, without a doubt. Do you really want to see Liverpool parading around your city with the Premier League trophy?

We'll never hear the end of it. Remember Istanbul 2005? They STILL talk about it as if it happened last week. This will be far, far worse.

Everton, I like you as a football club - you have great fans, a classy manager, a proper old fashioned stadium and you don't throw money around like the other teams.

But for the love of God, we need a Man City victory on Saturday. You'll still qualify for Europa League anyway. IF Arsenal had, let's say, Chelsea away and Man City away as finals games then yes, you'd have it in your own hands.

But they are going to have a field day against WBA and Norwich.

Here's my order of priorities:

1) Everton
2) Liverpool

What's yours?

It's all relative though, isn't it (5th or 6th is a very different proposition than 4th or 5th) - rivalry is part of the game, and bragging rights is as much part and parcel of it as supporting your team at the games. What would be the point in United having a nightmare of a season if I couldn't take the piss (finally) at the local pub with their fans (and they'd gladly finish 10th if it meant Liverpool not winning it). I understand both sides, but I don't think it puts somebodies support into dispute because it doesn't agree with your take.

I thought I knew which camp I was in..... However, I had a dream last night that I was playing for Everton vs Man City and I wanted to win. ffs I'm just confused now.

It seemingly is for those perched on some sort of faux moral high ground

Exactly. Want Everton to pick up the three points against City? Fair enough. No arguments here.

View it the other way as handing Liverpool the title and not wanting that to happen? Outrage.

Not for me. Each to their own.

C'mon City.

the the timing of all the games this weekend is a disaster really....arsenal and Liverpool games after us hasn't worked out well for us.....Everton vs Man City becomes a totally different game if it was on 4pm Sunday, and Arsenal & Liverpool had both lost....its unlikely they'll both lose but you never know (Christ I'm so annoyed by this situation).....

all the Premier league games on the last day of the season get played at the same time, so no one gets an advantage.....i think its time they applied this logic to the 2nd last week of the season too....this weekend would be class if all the games were on the same time so we knew exactly what result we needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.