• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew what you meant really so maybe should have included a smiley.

I think that the flaw in your argument is 'If they win then the best team will win the league'.

Just because a team wins it doesn't mean that they are the best team. It just means that they won.

There are many ways to measure 'better'. Chelsea have taken 16 points from the 18 points available against the other top 4 teams. Liverpool have taken 6. Does that make Chelsea better?

Disclaimer: I am not expressing an opinion about who is the better team.

I see what you mean. I just think when you step back liverpool are quite average in large areas of their team. Take their frnt 2 out of the team and they would be midtable, and i dont think they would argue with that.

If we had went on the same run they had winning every week until now and we were in their position would we be the best team in the league in the sense compared to the others below us? I know we are the greatest team the world world has ever seen but it wouldnt stop the others being better.

Best way of putting it, they will be the best team in the league this season. But overall they arent the best team in the league player by player from top to bottom of their squad. Most of chelsea/City and half of Arsenal/everton would walk into their team, how many apart from the obvious two would walk into all of the above?

I'm really not feeling confident about going to Goodison this weekend (Not that I ever really do). This whole circus around should we try or not is going to put pressure on Martinez and your team to put in a decent performance or risk eing fined by the FA. If we beat you on the weekend now all the Liverpool loving media will be slaughtering us as cheats and being gifted the title by your lot.
dont really remember you lot complaining when we 'gifted' you the title by drawing with Utd just before in that 4-4 draw.

cockney.jpg

Might have been posted before. Anyone remember this?

Lay down on the floor for Blackburn and then Chelsea to beat Utd to two titles, now they want another club to play to the best of their ability so they can win one.

Just about sums them up.

11 corner flags please Senor Martinez.

Ah....I never thought of Chelsea as being "Cockney" but of course it is a generic term for Londoners anywehere north of Brum :)

Lay down on the floor for Blackburn and then Chelsea to beat Utd to two titles, now they want another club to play to the best of their ability so they can win one.

Just about sums them up.

11 corner flags please Senor Martinez.

cockney.jpg

Might have been posted before. Anyone remember this?

So because they've done it, means we should do it as well? We're better than them.

All this we don't care what the red side say is a front for some of you, isn't it? Obsessed isn't the word.

Afternoon chaps, another one for the current invasion of city fans here - not to worry though, we probably won't post again until we play you next year. I've been following this thread with interest for the past few days and completely understand both sides of the argument. Putting myself in your position if it was United, I'd be hoping to see a few youngsters out and a very lackluster performance, but that's just me.

I absolutely hate coming to Goodison, our record there is terrible and you just seem to have the beating of us - it's perhaps my joint most hated fixture of the season, along with Sunderland away (which our record over the last 4 years stands at played 4 lost 4, all without scoring a goal). Beyond United there are very few teams I hate, I don't particularly enjoy Chelsea or Spurs, but I don't hate them - that was until this season at least, when Liverpool fans have just become unbearable (and I don't even live in Merseyside). That was even before they decided to brick the coaches on the way out of Anfield a few weeks back, with kids on board, classy bunch. I didn't think anybody could hate any club as much as I hate United, but I'm starting to feel Everton and Liverpool may just be level pegging (I mean, at least United have been winning things to shout about recently).

I don't expect anybody to be rolling over, but I'm hoping that a less hostile atmosphere helps for a slightly easier game than usual. Ideally a couple of own goals like last weekend, just for the headlines and the Liverpool rants on phone ins up and down the country - oh it would be a beautiful thing. City fans I know were generally routing for you for top 4 this season, but given what it's come to it probably serves us best that a gap has opened up (there is no doubt in my mind if you really had to beat us, Leon Osman would produce the goods - he still might). Win or lose this weekend hopefully we can pip them to the title for you, plenty of twists and turns yet I feel.

I see the Kopites are getting their digs in early. Just watch the fume if we do lose. :bye:

At least it won't come down to us throwing the game or gifting goals - Martinez would never allow it and the players have too much pride. We'll give City a test and I'll be cheering us on all the way. If City prevail (which I honestly think might happen because they have a better squad and a greater incentive) then I'll be just as happy.

I'd even stand the RAWKites a round of bitters to help them drown their sorrows. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.