'Proud to be Blue' Flag Day at Goodison on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, not really everton, is it? people who pay to go to the game can do what they like.

Well sadly "Everton" these days is sitting in silence and singing cringworthy nonsense like "we only sing when were winning", the type of thing you would expect from Geordies
Its a shame the club feel they have to help create an atmosphere because the fans don't seem to be able to do it themselves, unless were playing the RS or United.

Yeah, cos Liverpool FC invented flags and banners

You should watch some Italian or German football

Why.....to see some tossers waving flags for ninety minutes?

No thanks.

Liverpool F.C. may not have "invented flags and banners" but they have raised it to a whole new level of cringeworthiness over the years with their beloved and cult like "flag days" which has culminated in the team coach being welcomed along Kemlyn and Anfield Roads by flag waving fanatics indulging in "victory parades" around the ground before owt has even been won.

Thankfully one of the things that distinguishes Evertonians from Kopites is our disdain for the quasi religious idolatory and worship of symbols so beloved by them as frequent The Pit.

7ad0d44cf0baa1d58f28df64c037ccb6.png

Kags???

What this mean?

No thanks.

Liverpool F.C. may not have "invented flags and banners" but they have raised it to a whole new level of cringeworthiness over the years with their beloved and cult like "flag days" which has culminated in the team coach being welcomed along Kemlyn and Anfield Roads by flag waving fanatics indulging in "victory parades" around the ground before owt has even been won.

Thankfully one of the things that distinguishes Evertonians from Kopites is our disdain for the quasi religious idolatory and worship of symbols so beloved by them as frequent The Pit.

this is true but we used to have loads of flags in the gwladys back in the day. Admittedly without quotes from the bible and such like. I'm not arsed either way

I'm just made up that the Upper Gwladys Street is finally getting some flag love.

Sat up there for nearly 30 years and never had so much as a stray football land in my end.

And now we're going to get to pass a bloody big flag over our heads and into the Upper Bullens Stand.

Beyond excited here lads!

get some ticker tape lad, get down asda & grab a ream of smartprice A4 for £2, fold in 1/2, rip then make each 1/2 into 4 strips, remember though rectangular flutter on the wind better than square, I also urge the top balc lot to do this.

I took it as ' Kopites are Gob Sh****'

I'd say so, although Gobshoite is actually 1 word, can't beat a bit of illiteracy in a hashtag.

No thanks.

It isn't Liverpool that have done this, it is Sky and BT.

We get to watch a delicious, heart-warming, five minute segment dedicated to them waving their red and singing their boring hymn before kick off in every match. How many other clubs get that kind of media attention? None. Other clubs bring flags and banners into the ground but no other club has the same kind of uneven, biased media support as Liverpool.

It isn't Liverpool that have done this, it is Sky and BT.

We get to watch a delicious, heart-warming, five minute segment dedicated to them waving their red and singing their boring hymn before kick off in every match. How many other clubs get that kind of media attention? None. Other clubs bring flags and banners into the ground but no other club has the same kind of uneven, biased media support as Liverpool.

Very true.

Though the dorky scenes outside Anfield before recent games have been choreographed by the Orcs themselves :pint2:

Status
Not open for further replies.