Sylvain Distin 'confronts' fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
how does he even know he was an evertonian, plus what about going up to the fans to thank them for the support but instead giving attention to a troll who will be laughing his head off if he reads this thread.

You're looking at things far too virtually.

What do you think Sylvain was gonna do? Drag the fella in that seat on to the pitch and kick 'is 'ead in? He was just telling that g*bsh*te on twitter to pipe right down.

That's just it though isn't it? Having players on here would be fantastic. Twitter kind of offers that level of interactivity. It would be the easiest thing in the world for players to not bother with it, and that would be a real shame imo.

exactly. i've never gone near twitter myself, but it would be good to have that regular interaction between fans and sports stars. now, they are looked upon as superstars and as if they are part of a different society. at the end of the day, they're just doing their job and are all human beings at the end of the day.

don't see why distin should leave social networking purely because one "fan" has a dislike to him for some odd reason.

Don't see anything wrong with this or unprofessional at all. That 'fan' is obviously a twit of the highest order, and a coward hiding behind twitter. No need for it.

Because he can just make him look like a total tit? Like he has? :p

I'm sure some bloke who quite possibly is sat no where near Liverpool, with no connections to everton besides a made up twitter account will be devastated by the course of events mate, it made Distin look small simple as did his comments the other day 'putting down a fan' on twitter

how does he even know he was an evertonian, plus what about going up to the fans to thank them for the support but instead giving attention to a troll who will be laughing his head off if he reads this thread.

It was a humanistic response.

I prefer that to bull**** media responses to situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.