Everton v Crystal Palace. 16th April at 19.45.

What about the game on Wednesday lad?

• We will rinse them lad

Votes: 221 78.1%
  • Fancy Palace you know

Votes: 24 8.5%
  • A moody draw and train home anxiety

Votes: 38 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolasie, Puncheon and Jerome are fast as [Poor language removed] and you knew Palace were going to sit deep and counter attack, and thats exactly what they did. However, it didnt help that every time we got into the final third we flapped it and made the wrong pass. James McCarthy missing didnt help the cause either as he's fast enough to get back to prevent counter attacks. Overall, we played right in Palaces' hands and we got rinsed on the counter.

Yeah Stoke are renowned for their attacking play.

Sorry a Palace fan passing through to see what you thought of us last night. Some good comments, despite your own disappointment but couldn't believe 'Coach'. Everyone has a view but to say Bolasie and Puncheon were not on fire last night is just wrong. Most papers today rightly have one of them as the man of the match. Sorry but I thought they were outstanding - not sure Baines got a look in against Bolaise.

We were not sure about Pulis but have been surprised by the football we play. He says we are not like Stoke cos we have the pace that his Stoke team didn't. As you saw we are organised at the back and pacey, direct going forward. Lots of teams play like that now - and certainly works for us !

Hope the remainder of the season goes well for you.

Hardly - it was rock, paper, scissors, stone. We went all out attack, they went all out defence.

We had choices in this - they had none. It was Hobson's choice for Pulis and he went for the only way he knows how to play - grock city on the edge of the box.

Love it, a team that sets out to defend scores three goals away from home..... we were outwitted, out fought and some players really need to look at their effort....

This is what I saw at Goodison:

They got out of their half 4 times and scored in three of them.

They played a 9-1-0 which occasionally became a 9-0-1 formation. Not only that but 5 or 6 of the 9 were based in the D most of the time

They were good at what they came to do but were shockingly negative. Truly awful.

Awful when we lose, awful when we win, that's us. BBC says we had seven shots on goal which means we shot from inside our own half at least three times. (I missed those, must have been in the khazi) Pretty ambitious for a "Pulis team".

Awful when we lose, awful when we win, that's us. BBC says we had seven shots on goal which means we shot from inside our own half at least three times. (I missed those, must have been in the khazi) Pretty ambitious for a "Pulis team".

I thought you were excellent last night tbh and thoroughly deserved the win. We were half arsed and played like it was a testimonial for most of the game

Real classy of our fans to boo when their players went down injured.
To be fair, I think the boos were for the time it was taking to get it dealt with. It looked like Marriapa might have been milking it but he had to go off with a possible broken nose.
Everton fans were (as ever) very fair on the night.

Palace are 11th now. Whatever you think of Pulis, he has done a magnificient job with limited resources (again). They were dead and buried with that joker Holloway.

Palace are 11th now. Whatever you think of Pulis, he has done a magnificient job with limited resources (again). They were dead and buried with that joker Holloway.
They might have been,who knows,when pulis took over they were 2nd bottom after 12 games only 3 points from 4th bottom,and 7 points from the current 11th place they hold-its not like they were dead and buried place wise as in stuck in relegation zone by miles,but the change did help no doubt about it

The way I saw it, you set up to play on the counter attack, as you would do being against the 5th placed team at home having just won 7 games on the bounce. You soaked up the pressure and got the ball from the back to the front very quickly, not by long balling it, but by clever passing and making use of your pacy players.

Real classy of our fans to boo when their players went down injured.

I've got to admit I was one of them shouting at their #3 when he went down after a clash with Baines, then I saw he'd been substituted and felt like a bit of a tit. A lot of people turn in to animals when they go to the game, including me. Frustrations were running extremely high last night.

The way I saw it, you set up to play on the counter attack, as you would do being against the 5th placed team at home having just won 7 games on the bounce. You soaked up the pressure and got the ball from the back to the front very quickly, not by long balling it, but by clever passing and making use of your pacy players.

I've got to admit I was one of them shouting at their #3 when he went down after a clash with Baines, then I saw he'd been substituted and felt like a bit of a tit. A lot of people turn in to animals when they go to the game, including me. Frustrations were running extremely high last night.

I just don't like to see that sort of thing, the vast majority of time when players get treatment like that its legit, as they clearly where last night.
But I guess its easy to say from watching at home, being there its easy to get caught up in the emotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.