New Everton Stadium Discussion

I am very much in the minority when I say I would welcome a groundshare.

The only problem being the abuse from the RS saying we're piggybacking on their success. 'Koff.

I think it would be great to have a world class high capacity stadium in the city centre and it wouldn't matter at all that they would use it as well as us. Makes economical sense to me.

I am very much in the minority when I say I would welcome a groundshare.

The only problem being the abuse from the RS saying we're piggybacking on their success. 'Koff.

I think it would be great to have a world class high capacity stadium in the city centre and it wouldn't matter at all that they would use it as well as us. Makes economical sense to me.

You're missing the REALLY important question though! What colour would the seats be!?

Shared since 1947 mate, and it was far from a new stadium they added a tier over the 'arl 1 which explain the huge towers as the new bit is kind of suspended over the arl bit, the facade of the original stadium can be seen through the new bit.

2a0kcad.jpg

photo63.jpg

San_Siro_3.jpg

sansiro_front.jpg

images

Was on the right lines! I should not be allowed near a footy forum really. Other than Eberton, I dont really know anything about it!

Oh, and Bristol City.

Groundshare is a big no from me

Realistically they'd want around 65'000-70'000 seats, we only sell out a few times a season. Playing to a ground with 30'000 empty seats is not how I want to watch Everton every week.

Lads the docks won't happen. Every piece of land from RSCT down to princes dock is ib for regeneration. North end of the docks to RSCT is part of the peel ports master plan, its part of thelLiverpool 2 overall development. The deep water post panamax container terminal when built will see projects move onto the redevelopment of the land to where this contained.

Down towards town is the liverpool waters project which will be going ahead, all land has been allocated and assigned.

And people are aware that from millers bridge north it is sefton mbc and not LCC that is the local authority

What happened to all those notices of ends of leases you talked about on Kipper, arent all those business premises now empty?

I don't think the Liverpool Waters plans are that fixed. What is proposed is a concept, like a master plan. It will be subject to many changes over the coming years. As I mentioned previously, I think incorporating a stadium into the scheme would be a great ideal. Like a focal point for the first phase of the scheme

The area north of Costco is classed as Everton as well according to the road signs. Be great to gave a stadium actually in Everton, on the banks of the Mersey as well

Liverpool Waters still need anchor tenants to kick off the scheme and nearly all of it is to the west of the dock road, ie behind the dock wall.

20080425141243_3.jpg

What happened to all those notices of ends of leases you talked about on Kipper, arent all those business premises now empty?

I was actually going to bring that up. Haha I'm quite surprised someone remembered that.

well when I posted that, as you recall, a lot of the businesses where served with notices to vacate, around huskisson and canada dock. The rumours emerging was that the land was being earmarked as a development site for a stadium to rival the echo arena.

However, after my departure from kipper, it transpired that what was actually happening is what I've talked about in the previous posts. Peel are developing the entire dockland estate as part of the 20 year master plan (the L2 and Atlantic Gateway developments). Some tennants have been moved to purpose built sheds within RSCT, Nortons have recently redeveloped some of there site for the scrap metal and United Utilities are in the process of building quite an impressive plant (for the life of me I can't thinkn of the technical name for it).

All this is going towards the city from Millers bridge, going north towards Seaforth is still waiting for final consultation. There is talking of opening the rail lines from the docks directly onto one of the main lines.

thsi entire Atlantic gateway plan is being used to drive trade to the north. The logistics of Liverpool is second to none in getting goods on to the motorway; the rail links, barges and the acquisition of almost every piece of land up the ship canal to salford quays has been bought and is being developed.

That Peel gateway project will take heavens knows how many years to take off, forget it. That IMO is not one of the options Joe Anderson is referring to.