BACK TO UMBRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
iv59TArsMDUJv.png

Royal blue all over including collar with little white diamonds going down the sleeves
(like the 1978 one)

Glad we're away from Nike and all their over-hyped, over-priced, pay-for-the-label merchandise.

Still got all my old Umbro shirts with Danka, One-2-One & Chang on the front.

Just hope Umbro don't reproduce anything like the One-2-One shirt with that awful, thick plastic lettering on the front, too much yellow and white, not to mention diamonds all around the sleeves

So subtle, but it does catch your eye

It was big in the 80's if memory serves...always like the subtle 'undertone' patterns & pinstripes. (I hate to say it, but one of the LFC kits was rather impressive)

A chap here at work is heading over to Blighty soon & has offered to pick anything up for me, but I just can't bring myself to wearing anything with that badge on it! Don't care much for the new badge either, but it is an improvement. I wonder if it was the badge fiasco that forced this change? Perhaps Nike had a bigger input than we know...

It was big in the 80's if memory serves...always like the subtle 'undertone' patterns & pinstripes. (I hate to say it, but one of the LFC kits was rather impressive)

A chap here at work is heading over to Blighty soon & has offered to pick anything up for me, but I just can't bring myself to wearing anything with that badge on it! Don't care much for the new badge either, but it is an improvement. I wonder if it was the badge fiasco that forced this change? Perhaps Nike had a bigger input than we know...

The kits with the thin white and yellow stripes on them?

That new badge as actually grown on me over the season, I'll admit its comical but for some bizzare reason I don't hate it as much as i did; needed to be hanged though, it wasn't Everton. And yes, you could be right; was a total mess up

The kits with the thin white and yellow stripes on them?

That new badge as actually grown on me over the season, I'll admit its comical but for some bizzare reason I don't hate it as much as i did; needed to be hanged though, it wasn't Everton. And yes, you could be right; was a total mess up

Yes, that'll be it, the Umbro one...It was the white one that impressed me most, but I won't insult the GOT fraternity by posting it on here!!!

The badge (current) seems ok on the white strip...less cartoonish for some reason. And, without wanting to get all technical, I think it should be part of the shirt, rather than a huge plate sewn on as an afterthought. Look at Ossie above. The badge is "not part of the shirt"...am I making sense here, or should I be concentrating on work? lol

Yes, that'll be it, the Umbro one...It was the white one that impressed me most, but I won't insult the GOT fraternity by posting it on here!!!

The badge (current) seems ok on the white strip...less cartoonish for some reason. And, without wanting to get all technical, I think it should be part of the shirt, rather than a huge plate sewn on as an afterthought. Look at Ossie above. The badge is "not part of the shirt"...am I making sense here, or should I be concentrating on work? lol

Your making sense bud, don't you worry.

Just looked at that photo (osman) in more detail, and i hate it again now. Its awful. Thank god it was changed

Your making sense bud, don't you worry.

Just looked at that photo (osman) in more detail, and i hate it again now. Its awful. Thank god it was changed

I did type 'plate' instead of 'patch' though...lol

Anyway, sorry I turned you off it again. All that time getting used to it...wasted... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.