BACK TO UMBRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
ic283qBhC1xbY.png

eh?

Right would be class. Maybe just have the collar area as a single white stripe as it makes it sort of look pyjamaish there. But still class, simple showing off of the team's colour is best for a home kit.

Not sure if this info has already been posted but I have it on good authority from an Umbro employee (Umbro office is at the end of my street, so know some people there) that they beat off Nike and Adidas in the tender process for the deal. They've also signed a deal with Hull to make their kit from next year and are in advanced talks with another premier league team. Their main focus over the coming years is going to be to get as many English teams wearing Umbro as possible.

tender process? What does it mean in this context?

I imagine that Nike were frustrated because they couldn't figure out how to get a third 'hoop' on the sleeves...so they gave it away.

I can only assume that the deal with Nike was a 2 year with the option of a third. I don't know the terms of the deal myself though.

It was never reported like that, though... it was a clear three years.

I don't know. I can't help but think Badgegate has something to do with this. I imagine that soured relations between us and Nike. I just hope the club didn't do something stupid like pay Nike off to end the relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.