Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanchelskis did for me. Best player I have ever watched in an Everton shirt.

Nah, andrei was a marvelous footballer but he still had quiet games when he couldn't get into the game, particuarly in his last year here.

You have to be at a very dominant club to dominate every game and kancheksis wasn't, there were some games we could barely hold onto the ball.

Is this actually Gerry? because I find it impossible for a normal fan to brown-nose a player to this degree? I don't even do this much brown-nosing of Ross, and Id have his babies.

The fact is, Gerry is a good impact player to come off the bench, personally, I would not start him because he is way to inconsistent and his decision making is usually very selfish in the final third which undoes his hard work the majority of the time. What he is at the minute is an impact sub for Everton, like it or lump it.

You do come across very arogant as someone mentioned earlier, it's almost like you think we should not have this player and we don't deserve to have him.. and "weather we like it or not he's not going to be here long".

He comes across like a couple of the posters on the Guardian La Liga blogs, barely hiding the arrogance if hiding it at all. Exactly like a couple of posters on there, I don't know of any Barca fan actually from here who takes this tone when taking about other clubs OR talks as if they intimately know the players!

Deulo hasn't come close to dominating anything.....what he does is create excitement in the fans and worry in the opposition. He always looks like something is about to happen, but lets be honest more often than not it doesn't. However it's those few moments and the potential for lots of more of them is what would have us excited for another year of watching him in the Everton shirt.

Fabregas has had to relearn concepts he lost while at Arsenal (Gone for 8 years), he's currently the least technically skilled midfielder the club has in the 1st team (Not including Song or Mascherano)

You are forgetting Sergi Roberto, who even after spending his whole life at the club is the least technically skilled midfielder of the first team.
Technical skills depend on talent not on where a player develops. Zidane or Pirlo didnt come through La Masia remember...

Deulofeu is a wonderfully gifted footballer and his loan season with us has been a win/win affair for both parties. End of.

Exactly....Wether he returns or not is something that we will only know in June....No point arguing over it now....
Btw...
Would really love to see Adama Traoré come here in a couple of seasons time. He is more suited to prem than Deulofeu. the kid earned himself a standing ovation at La Romareda against Zaragoza this weekend.

He comes across like a couple of the posters on the Guardian La Liga blogs, barely hiding the arrogance if hiding it at all. Exactly like a couple of posters on there, I don't know of any Barca fan actually from here who takes this tone when taking about other clubs OR talks as if they intimately know the players!

Deulo hasn't come close to dominating anything.....what he does is create excitement in the fans and worry in the opposition. He always looks like something is about to happen, but lets be honest more often than not it doesn't. However it's those few moments and the potential for lots of more of them is what would have us excited for another year of watching him in the Everton shirt.

Agree. He sounds like a Scandinavian Liverpool fan with the way he talks about the Barca players and the club.

Del is a good player. Is he in the top 5 or 6 Everton players? At the moment its a no. I'd love him back next season though

You mean the match where he terrorized Riise before the injury?....I've seen all of his performances for Everton

So you chose to disregard how wasteful and greedy he was? He wouldn't get away with that at Barca. Was one of our worst performers that day, not one of the most dominant

You are forgetting Sergi Roberto, who even after spending his whole life at the club is the least technically skilled midfielder of the first team.
Technical skills depend on talent not on where a player develops. Zidane or Pirlo didnt come through La Masia remember...

I was talking about the current squad, not players of all time...Roberto would be in that group with Song, I agree...But close control for midfielders, playing between the lines is a staple of how players are brought up...Cesc has lost that

So you chose to disregard how wasteful and greedy he was? He wouldn't get away with that at Barca. Was one of our worst performers that day, not one of the most dominant

I also remember the team being wasteful in that 1st half despite having Riise in his pocket...Selfishness is going to follow him everywhere, he is a goalscorer - they're not known for sharing

Is Barca a passing team, with a patient build up where Gerard doesn't understand the word pass and is more about quickness and drive.

You mean the match where he terrorized Riise before the injury?....I've seen all of his performances for Everton

So you watch all the matches of barca, barca reserves, barca youth and any clubs with barca players on loan?

Maybe if as well as that you get a few more tattoos with some really cutting insults at barca's rivals, they'll accept you as a honoury spaniard some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.