How interested are you in the womens team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should do what the WWE did. Instead of bringing in people that could actually compete in the sport, just bring in scantily clad, silicone enhanced hotties and no one will care whether they can kick a ball or not.

ladies and gentlemen........

we have a winner.

Track & field, Gymnastics and downhill sking, something about a bird coming a cropper on the piste i find slightly arousing.

I've only watched a couple of women's games, admittedly only on telly, I think it was the last televised competition over the summer, the Euros?

The quality looked poor, I've seen U16s use better control, better skills and better judgement and decision making. Some of the women looked awkward, gangly and amateurish, although I suppose there's bound to be a difference between boys who've been taught since age 9 and women who only get into it in late teens/adulthood.

I wouldn't imagine the best women's team in the world would get much from a game with some of the U18 teams I've watched.

What really bugs me if fluffy lefties telling me I am/ it is sexist that men don't give womens football/rugby/most sports in general the respect it deserves!

1: it is not as good as mens in either skill level or pace

2: women don't even bloody watch it

There was a facebook post about how happy women were that the bbc (3) were showing the womens world cup however, none of them actually watched it.

What really bugs me if fluffy lefties telling me I am/ it is sexist that men don't give womens football/rugby/most sports in general the respect it deserves!

1: it is not as good as mens in either skill level or pace

2: women don't even bloody watch it

There was a facebook post about how happy women were that the bbc (3) were showing the womens world cup however, none of them actually watched it.

Is right. It's always painted like it's because of lack of money or exposure (Toni) when the only reason is the quality is not good. Full stop. Not that we hate women or don't wish them to be equals.

while womens sports are at the level that many average blokes could compete at the same level will never be a big spectator event. Stuff like womens tennis etc succeed and are watchable is that the women who compete are much better than virtually all men so we can watch it and not be able to say 'i could do that as well as her'. Unless they played with their bangers out...

The keepers are awful! A lot of the outfield play is improving massively, but the keepers really are dreadful.

Watched a bit of the women's football for the olympics and was pretty surprised by the quality, it really wasn't too bad, the last time prior to that that I had flicked onto women's football I had only been able to watch about 5 minutes of the total lack of technique, which was the irritating thing then.

It will never be the same as the men's game in terms of power but they should to some degree be able to emulate the skills.

I think over time it will continue to improve and if the women's premier league matches were on free tv and were a similar quality to what I saw for the olympics I would probably watch a few of the Everton games.

It's fine for women to play football, even professionally but let's never pretend that women's football is the same as men's... never.

Climbing and skiing on the other hand.....

Personally not arsed about the women's team.

Obviously it's cool if they're doing well, but I'm not really arsed what happens to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.