Shareholders Association force EGM

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG he said rape.

Christ lads, the complete weapon has destroyed our Club and you all get a bit prissy over the word rape.

Couldnt make it up.

OMG he said rape.

Christ lads, the complete weapon has destroyed our Club and you all get a bit prissy over the word rape.

Couldnt make it up.

Agreed, let's swerve the faux outrage and focus instead on what was said, well the very little of it anyway.

He conceded the debt is growing didn't he? That's a concern. That the board don't have sufficient money to invest in Everton and push them on? A big worry.

Youre talking 'normal' inflation. Inflation in football is at least 3 times that of inflation in the economy. I've already quoted the inflation in transfer fees, which is even higher, as are players wages. Simple test....waht was the price of a season ticket in the first year of the Prem, compared with this season. I don't know, but some posters will.How much has that price 'inflated' ?

The price of our club depends on our assets, not our ticket prices. That's why I referred to normal inflation.I see where you're coming from and why you'd think that with respect to the increase in player fees and tickets since the prem started. As it stands our only real assets are our players, so would you say our players and our ~40mil debt warrant an asking price of 120 mil? I personally I don't.

I see on the world of twitter that Keith Witness was there tonight, and apparently he is trying to get a consortium to buy the club. Really not sure what to think about that.

Agreed, let's swerve the faux outrage and focus instead on what was said, well the very little of it anyway.

He conceded the debt is growing didn't he? That's a concern. That the board don't have sufficient money to invest in Everton and push them on? A big worry.

1) We're putting TV money towards Goodison infrastructure.
2) We in serious talks over a new stadium.

If the latter is true then what's the point in the former? That's what got me confused.

1) We're putting TV money towards Goodison infrastructure.
2) We in serious talks over a new stadium.

If the latter is true then what's the point in the former? That's what got me confused.

I think they said it would be very unlikely that there would be any new stadium happenings over the next five years so they need to keep the existing thing ticking over. They were telling us it would fail it's safety licenses five years though.

The price of our club depends on our assets, not our ticket prices. That's why I referred to normal inflation. As it stands our only real assets are our players, so would you say our players and our ~40mil debt warrant an asking price of 120 mil? I personally I don't.

One of the biggest 'assets' is that last season we were the 6th best team in the best football league in the world, with probably the smallest debt of the top six. 'Potential' is an asset. We have a big fanbase...not as big and as generous as the top four, for a variety of reasons but nevertheless a fanbase which could be sold more.£120 million is just about one and a half times our current turnover, with an extra 30 million approx. guaranteed for the next three years at least. So £120 million is at the bottom end of an acceptable price.Our problem is the money that needs to be spent on the stadium...thats infrastructure, which was highlighted in tonights meeting, but the playing side is vitally important so that we can at least maintain, and hopefully improve our position.Investment in players and recruitment was also mentioned tonight.
To a point, ticket prices ,transfer fees, and other increased costs/revenue reflect inflation.In the business of football inflation is way way above the inflation in the countrys economy. How nuch is a pie and a pint now, compared with 20 years ago?

Last edited:
I see on the world of twitter that Keith Witness was there tonight, and apparently he is trying to get a consortium to buy the club. Really not sure what to think about that.

If they dig John Houlding up from Anfield Cemetery I'd have him back, tbh.

Infrastructure is the perfect word to use. Essential and important sounding enough that it's unable to be dismissed as irrelevant, but also vague enough to be meaningless when it comes to accounting for the actual money. I'd be very surprised if the "investment" amounted to anything immediately tangible.

Infrastructure is the perfect word to use. Essential and important sounding enough that it's unable to be dismissed as irrelevant, but also vague enough to be meaningless when it comes to accounting for the actual money. I'd be very surprised if the "investment" amounted to anything immediately tangible.

I fully expect to see Infrastructure added on the budget as an expense line next to Other Operating Costs next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.