Confirmed: Martinez New Everton Manager - All Reaction Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
http://www.grandoldteam.com/news/general-news/2013/jun/05/confirmed-martinez-new-everton-manager

Everton have appointed Roberto Martinez as their new manager.

The 39-year-old Spaniard is believed to have been Everton´s first choice to replace David Moyes, who agreed to join Man Utd last month, and has signed a 4 year deal at Goodison Park.

Martinez began his managerial career in 2007 with Swansea City, who he guided from League One to the Championship in 2008.

From Swansea, the Spaniard joined Wigan Athletic in June 2009, where he won acclaim for maintaining Wigan´s Premiership status for three consecutive seasons, finishing 16th twice and 15th, before being relegated in 18th place this season, relegation confirmed just a week after guiding Wigan to a shock 1-0 FA Cup Final victory against Manchester City.

With a history of rejecting high profile moves, snubbing Aston Villa in June 2011, as well as turning down Liverpool last summer, combined with Wigan´s Chairman desperate to keep hold of him the appointment wasn´t straight forward, with prolonged talks but Everton got their man.

Welcome to the Greatest Club in the land Roberto.
To keep the forum organised, and useful for archiving, please keep all Roberto Martinez discussion in this thread.

Thanks

Do me a favour please guys, because I'm still really underwhelmed by him. Convince me he's a good manager for us right now.

hes a really good guy, who is not an idiot in press conferences...something i respected of moyes, but he should bring in some fresh impoteus..good news i think

Do me a favour please guys, because I'm still really underwhelmed by him. Convince me he's a good manager for us right now.

Look deep into your soul, if you can't find the answer; how can you expect others to find it for you?

Wouldn't have been my first choice, however he's got more experience and trophies than Moyes had when we brought him in.

Give him as much backing as possible with a much better squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.