Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My arse is twitching big time. On one hand I hope he can be a hge success and bring an attacking style of play to our team, but on the other I'm deeply pensive about us ending up wide open and getting a few more beatings...

Meh, no saying it will happen, this has come from Whelan and his amazing mouth. Last season he was gobbing off about Matinez' dealings with the Anfield lot and it didn't happen.

Absolutely delighted been banging the drum for Martinez for years never thought we'd get him.

Can't believe some have turned against him before a ball is kicked fckn scandalous behaviour get a grip you complete tools if ever Evertonians should be together it's at the appointment of a new manager - if you've got nothing good to say keep it shut.

Doubtless you'll be on here in droves as soon as we don't win a game - fkn grow up.

Sigh...its not scandalous behaviour at all. This stuff drives me mad. Just because people are not happy with the appointment and post about it on an internet message board doesnt mean they will be heading down to Goodison with pitchforks next season.

I don't know whether to be pleased or not! One thing I am happy about is that wewill be playing a better style of football that I think is suited to the players we have. Under Moyes I always felt we should be doing better with the players we had, whereas others who dont know the team thought we overperformed.

I posted this a few weeks ago, even more relevant now:

Good things about Martinez:

1. The way he conducts himself is in a manner befitting of an Everton manager.
- There are no jibes calling other teams "small clubs", he doesn't publicly berate his players, he talks positively and conducts himself well and with dignity.

2. He has more than Plan A when it comes to tactics.
- Except for the Stoke 3 at the back, Moyes had two plans; Plan A, which was 4-2-3-1 with Fellaini behind the striker. And Plan B, which was 4-2-3-1 with Fellaini dropped deep. Martinez has shown a willingness to mix things up, utilising a 4-3-3 at Swansea, as well as Wigan, then implementing the 3-4-3 and the 5-3-2.

3. He has won a major trophy.
- To win the FA Cup with a team of Wigan's stature is a fantastic achievement.

4. He tries to play attacking football.
- I think we can all appreciate that the League title is well beyond our reach, so why not enjoy watching football again? Some of Everton's attacking play under Moyes was sublime, but all too often he then quickly resorted to caution to defend a one goal lead. I'd like to see Martinez authorise an all out attacking mentality with players we have.

5. He has significant managerial experience, as well as Premier League managerial experience.
- Although I would happily welcome Pereira, the fact that Martinez knows the Premier League inside out would be an advantage.

6. He has one year left on his deal, so compensation would not be massive.
- I personally wanted Laudrup, but spending close to £10m on a manager would be silly given our finances.

QG63xGY.jpg

Thanks Bill, Thanks a lot.

Now Feck off you useless git.

We had the chance of a real winner boss, we had the chance ffs. Bill Bottled it.

Not sure how you can say that. He's a highly sought after coach. Only time will tell if it is the right appointment, but it hasn't been made due to a lack of ambition - it's because he seems to be right man for the job.
Only Dave Whelan says Martinez is highly sought after!

It's almost like people are trying to find every avenue available to deflect the obvious good job he did at Swansea lol

Get a grip

In his first and only season in charge, Sousa marginally surpassed Martinez’s achievements, taking the Swans to seventh in the table, their highest league position in 27 years. A run of just three wins from the final 13 games of the season meant Sousa’s side missed the play-off places by a solitary point, pipped by Ian Holloway’s Blackpool. As the pressure built towards the end of the campaign, Sousa made public his frustrations regarding the financial constraints that he felt were put upon him.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...rgotten-man-of-the-swansea-story-8452760.html

Status
Not open for further replies.