• From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good things about Martinez:

1. The way he conducts himself is in a manner befitting of an Everton manager.
- There are no jibes calling other teams "small clubs", he doesn't publicly berate his players, he talks positively and conducts himself well and with dignity.

2. He has more than Plan A when it comes to tactics.
- Except for the Stoke 3 at the back, Moyes had two plans; Plan A, which was 4-2-3-1 with Fellaini behind the striker. And Plan B, which was 4-2-3-1 with Fellaini dropped deep. Martinez has shown a willingness to mix things up, utilising a 4-3-3 at Swansea, as well as Wigan, then implementing the 3-4-3 and the 5-3-2.

3. He has won a major trophy.
- To win the FA Cup with a team of Wigan's stature is a fantastic achievement.

4. He tries to play attacking football.
- I think we can all appreciate that the League title is well beyond our reach, so why not enjoy watching football again? Some of Everton's attacking play under Moyes was sublime, but all too often he then quickly resorted to caution to defend a one goal lead. I'd like to see Martinez authorise an all out attacking mentality with players we have.

5. He has significant managerial experience, as well as Premier League managerial experience.
- Although I would happily welcome Pereira, the fact that Martinez knows the Premier League inside out would be an advantage.

6. He has one year left on his deal, so compensation would not be massive.
- I personally wanted Laudrup, but spending close to £10m on a manager would be silly given our finances.

Anyway, I hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need any more reasons.

Good post. No histrionics, no bigging-up someone you've just heard of this week for the first time and a set of facts that are straightforward.

I really don't understand the negative comments about Martinez when the likes of Hughes, MacKay and Poyet are being suggested. He ticks a lot of boxes and will clearly have a better all round group of players to work with. I reckon he'll build on the solid platform we have and make us better to watch week-in, week-out.

Thanks Evertony. I agree with you; given the list of rumoured candidates, how someone can look beyond and even criticise Martinez is quite baffling. Would we rather Neil Lennon?

Thanks Evertony. I agree with you; given the list of rumoured candidates, how someone can look beyond and even criticise Martinez is quite baffling. Would we rather Neil Lennon?

his team got relegated,, and have been relegation fodder for years, for all the positives listed above, this alone overshadows all of them,

Martinez Meets With Everton

Your man Roberto Martinez is meeting with the club on Monday. Malaga are also interested but the guy apparently wants to stay in England, so Everton it is then? This is the story I am told. Call it hearsay, I have no link to share with you mates, and BK isn't coming out tomorow to announce the meeting. However, it's happening. I am not saying he is the next manager for our beloved EFC. I am merely told the meeting is taking place.

- I personally wanted Laudrup, but spending close to £10m on a manager would be silly given our finances.

Christ man, that's not silly...spending that on a manager is the wisest possible use of 10m.

Or would you rather we give that money out for a player? A Billy or a Yak, maybe?

how someone can look beyond and even criticise Martinez is quite baffling.

his team got relegated,, and have been relegation fodder for years, for all the positives listed above, this alone overshadows all of them,

As per spudmuncher.

[Applies Klopp-rule*]

these rules aren't relevant, as Klopp is the exception that proves the rule.

It's like saying let's employ any old Championship-league manager, as Moyes turned out well.

Or should we seek to employ other relegated managers based on the Klopp-rule? Alex McLeish, Steve Bruce, Owen Coyle, Mick McCarthy, Ian Dowie...these have also got their clubs relegated.

Owen Coyle was even praised for his style of football, just like Martinez and Klopp. Let's get him then. Be well cheap too.

I was told Mourinho has informed Kenwright of his intention to get back to his roots and manage a club to success without any financial backing. They're meeting on Tuesday. Call it hearsay if you like, as I've got no proof. But I was told so just wanted to share it with yous.

I was told Mourinho has informed Kenwright of his intention to get back to his roots and manage a club to success without any financial backing. They're meeting on Tuesday. Call it hearsay if you like, as I've got no proof. But I was told so just wanted to share it with yous.

I wish! Still, if that's what he wants he's coming to the right place.

Your man Roberto Martinez is meeting with the club on Monday. Malaga are also interested but the guy apparently wants to stay in England, so Everton it is then? This is the story I am told. Call it hearsay, I have no link to share with you mates, and BK isn't coming out tomorow to announce the meeting. However, it's happening. I am not saying he is the next manager for our beloved EFC. I am merely told the meeting is taking place.

There's no reason not to believe this.

it would be remiss of the club not to meet with half a dozen others as well as part of the selection process.
It's well reported how well the role pays, so there won't exactly be shortage of candidates.

Martinez is a worry though. I still don't understand what all the fuss is about? What has this man actually achieved?

Status
Not open for further replies.